• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Toronto Now Open! With Black Fleece!

sjg22

Reaction score
Stopped in at the Toronto store. Beautiful and well-staffed. However, the pricing is a major issue going forward. I'm looking to do a MTM suit in the next month and they told me their prices start at $1700, which is a bit hard to swallow when Samuelsohn MTM (which is generally better made IMHO) start at $1100 (and will be lower than that during Harry's upcoming trunk sale). The SA was very nice though and seemed eager to please.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
But you have a new BF suit to show off!
devil.gif

Cheers mate - it's still at the tailor's
bigstar[1].gif

Ironically, I brought it in the first day they opened here in Toronto, which prompted tonnes of questions from the tailor about BB that I wasn't prepared to answer
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
Well I hope this all works out for BB. I'll have to visit the shoes sometime this week.

I'm in the mood to check out the shoes, though, since I'm shoe hunting for the fall season.

The article said Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto...err...what happened to Montreal?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big F***in deal! Canada gets Brooks Brothers 20 years into their
decline. Today's Brooks is a slightly higher-end Joseph A Banks.
I haven't been to Canada in maybe 10 years. Some of my favorite
clothes were purchased in Montreal and Toronto. I have a jacket
from Holt Renfrew that no longer fits but I am reluctant to part with-
a classic probably from Samuelsohn. A pair of heavy flannel slacks,
maybe 25 years old from a likely closed shop in Toronto, still worn
when it gets chilly in the Bay Area. Nothing from Brooks will come
close in quality to these venerable Canadian retailers .

west coast wonderboy

Reaction score
Black Fleece is available in Vancouver as of this morning!

sjg22

Reaction score
I stopped in at the store today (only my second visit) and they have a huge stock of Black Fleece merchandise. The SA told me that they have greatly exceeded their initial sales targets on the BF, to the point where the Toronto store will soon be carrying as much BF as any store outside of two in the entire Brooks Bros. chain. I'm actually a bit surprised that it's selling so well considering the prices (and the fact that they're substantially higher in Canada than in the US).

Also, I was given the definitive word that they will be having a 50% off sale on Boxing Day on all merchandise.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjg22
I stopped in at the store today (only my second visit) and they have a huge stock of Black Fleece merchandise. The SA told me that they have greatly exceeded their initial sales targets on the BF, to the point where the Toronto store will soon be carrying as much BF as any store outside of two in the entire Brooks Bros. chain. I'm actually a bit surprised that it's selling so well considering the prices (and the fact that they're substantially higher in Canada than in the US).

Also, I was given the definitive word that they will be having a 50% off sale on Boxing Day on all merchandise.

zoooooooomfg. zomfg. zomfg. Thank you.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. I miss out on the Holt sale, and now this. Will be ready next year for sure.
What do you have your eye(s) on Oneeighyseven? For me it would be shoes.

Gavin

Reaction score
I know this may not be that big of a deal, but I just came back from BB feeling like I got some of the best service of my life.

Within a minute of me walking in, the sales associate came over, introduced himself, asked if I needed anything specific or if I'd rather be left alone to browse, then brought me the shirt I went in for in my size to try on (I knew what I wanted). As he was unpinning it, he made pleasant small talk and I told him that the shirt was for my upcoming wedding. After trying it on, we looked at pocket squares and he pulled a few jackets after I described mine so that we could compare the pocket squares against them.

As I was paying, the manager came over to shake my hand and congratulate me on my wedding (which I assume the associate told him about when I tried the shirt on?)...and all the while, both the associate and the manager addressed me by name.

Again, none of this might sound like that big of a deal, but for a SWAD guy (I was in jeans and a hoodie) spending no more than $150 in a store that clearly caters to the Bay Street crowd...I left feeling like I was worth a million bucks because of all of the small details of their service that never felt anything less than genuine.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^This is always good to hear. I've received excellent customer customer service from BB, especially in recent years.

Ossington

Reaction score
Does the Toronto Location sell boys stuff? I don't think i'd fit anything in mens. Im def not rocking the executive waistline. I haven't tried the extra-slim shirts, but from what I've seen on SUFU, they are like Euro-tents, not family sized ones.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ossington
Does the Toronto Location sell boys stuff? I don't think i'd fit anything in mens. Im def not rocking the executive waistline. I haven't tried the extra-slim shirts, but from what I've seen on SUFU, they are like Euro-tents, not family sized ones.

Vancouver does, so Toronto might.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads