• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barbour international

golfnutter66

Reaction score
It is more of a rain jacket. Not going to keep you warm in the cold winter of TO.

It is meant to be worn with layers underneath in the fall, but not super cold snow weather.

xugx29

Reaction score
Hi:

I am 1.76m in height and 72kg in weight, or 5'9 in height, 158 lbs in weight, would a size 34 or size 36 fit me better? I preferred a relative slim fit. Thanks!

tahonng

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting this the way Philip Crangi's wearing it. First of all, is it even the International? I know he's wearing a vintage one, but is it a discontinued style or am I right in assuming it's the Internaltional? Second, what size should I get? I'd like to wear it slim like he's wearing it, but I plan on wearing it onto the colder months here in NC, which means I'd be wearing a shirt and a cardi underneath. I'm a 38 in suits, but I've measured, and my chest actually measures 39". Also, I'm positive he had it altered to skim the hips. I'm 5'7", so I wondering if I'd have to have it altered, and where, if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for the input.

avamh

Reaction score
Maybe there is someone out there who can help me out with sleeve length on a Barbour International. I've been scouring the web for 2 days trying to find out how long the sleeves are from shoulder to cuff on a 42. Any input would be awesome. Thanks!!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe there is someone out there who can help me out with sleeve length on a Barbour International. I've been scouring the web for 2 days trying to find out how long the sleeves are from shoulder to cuff on a 42. Any input would be awesome. Thanks!!

Pretty much dead on 26" from seam to end of cuff. That's on the classic A7 - there are other International variants out there and they may differ...

Last edited:

chicagotrad

Reaction score
I got a couple of the Moto style jackets from Sierra trading post recently and the sizing is a variable depending on the model. Almost all are "L" sizes, but I ordered a few and was a good move as some fit like mediums, some fit like larges and a couple fit like a small. Some fit super tight and some are a bit looser. Looks like they are mostly marked "sample".

They've had a couple of the Steve McQueen things - some are pretty ostentatious with the picture/flag, but others are a bit more sedate.

They are running through a lot of different models over there and have been adding new ones the past couple of weeks, but things sell out fast. There seem to be a good number of the international jackets, though. Prices are good, though with the usual STP discounts.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
I got a couple of the Moto style jackets from Sierra trading post recently and the sizing is a variable depending on the model. Almost all are "L" sizes, but I ordered a few and was a good move as some fit like mediums, some fit like larges and a couple fit like a small. Some fit super tight and some are a bit looser. Looks like they are mostly marked "sample".
What does it mean when it's marked "sample"? Does it mean it has some defects or failed QC?

chicagotrad

Reaction score
What does it mean when it's marked "sample"? Does it mean it has some defects or failed QC?

I think it means they were produced for their marketing efforts and not meant for retail sale. I ordered a few, kept some and sent some back mostly due to the sizing issues (some regular large and some quite small. None appeared to have any flaws, defects or QC issues. I also ordered some for my wife and one was even too small for her (at 5-4, 105 lbs). They were listed as UK size 10, and she's really an XS in the US for most things. All of that, and given that the tags had "Sample" printed on it and not just written by hand makes me think they were things produced as marketing samples.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads