• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

pcl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
This Gilt sale was my first experience with BoO and I got a size small in a l/s OCBD and medium in the s/s contrast collar and I think the fit is almost identical. Based on this one time I would say the s/s tend to fit a tad more snug that the l/s in the A fit. I'll post my pics in a bit.

That's about right with my experience, the S/S (I wear a L in BoO A Body) is noticeably more snug then the L/S. And even in the L/S the overdyed BD's is definitely a bit tighter all around then the regular BD's.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Anyone know what cut the candy stripe shirt is? its got no darts so I'm assuming it's not an A-body. anyways, just received mine from Gilt and pleased w/ the fit...snug but not too snug

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
are you sure it doesn't have darts

i seriously doubt it's f body

we had the blue/white candy stripe at farinelli's and it was both darted and a body

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't think they even make B body anymore and I've only seen F at like Blackbird in like 3 shirts

generally the only non f body shirts are a few non button down collar shirts each season that are slimmer than b body

ie: tea stained check double flap pocket shirt from last season

bsyde82

Reaction score
yup, sure there's no darts

this is the purple one, not the navy one. not sure if that makes a difference. I know blackbird carried the navy candy stripe in both a and f body. never seen the purple one w/ darts

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
yup, sure there's no darts this is the purple one, not the navy one. not sure if that makes a difference. I know blackbird carried the navy candy stripe in both a and f body. never seen the purple one w/ darts
Take a picture of the back so we can analyze it closer and give you a professional opinion.

sh0ebox

Reaction score
yup, sure there's no darts

this is the purple one, not the navy one. not sure if that makes a difference. I know blackbird carried the navy candy stripe in both a and f body. never seen the purple one w/ darts

Your candy stripe is an F-body

I remember seeing/trying it on at Barney's when I was in Las Vegas. They had it on sale there for $70 and I was close to buying it but F-body is too loose for me

jselvedge

Reaction score
Anyone know what cut the candy stripe shirt is? its got no darts so I'm assuming it's not an A-body. anyways, just received mine from Gilt and pleased w/ the fit...snug but not too snug

I received my purple candy stripe from Gilt, but with an A-body cut. Box pleat and darts.

b-ill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
whatever happened to the rumored barney's coop they were going to open in philadelphia? anybody heard anything recently?

Found out last night that it opens April 2nd located at 10 Rittenhouse.

poodlerock

Reaction score
How do you guys wear your BoO shirts--tucked or untucked? With the funky hemline, they look a little funny untucked, but better, I think, than they do tucked.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my observation: They're meant to be untucked. The hem is shaped that way for a reason. A BoO-slim shirt with a normal hem would pull at the sides when you sit down, whether you tuck or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads