• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B. Son

mert54

Reaction score
So, I have been seeing these B. Son hoodies with the crazy hoods and odd buttons all over (online), and I am wondering, are they cool, or do they look ridiculous, like something on SuFu?

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine it depends on your age. If you're in college or something, definately cool. I got one of the BSonxUO high neck hoodies and I wear it a lot, pretty similar to the BSon one just with a cheaper and less interesting fabric, cut is still damn slim, just how I like it.

Bislane

Reaction score
I like the look of these a lot too but I'm wondering if their sizing runs like a W+H slimfit and is relatively short in the body (L slimfit is too short on me) or if it's more standard length while maintaining a slim silhouette? It seems like slim can mean a couple things depending on the brand.

Crakaveli

Reaction score
sizing runs small, boxy, and short on the mock pullover. it's too baggy around the waist for me (XL) but it might be different in the smaller sizes. also, the holes for the buttons are too big and the buttons come undone if you try to do a fold.

Bislane

Reaction score
^ Yeah that's exactly what I was afraid of..hate that ****. thanks for the info though

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have one B.Son piece, and I rather keep it this way. Having too much B.Son style clothing will easily make you into "that guy". You'll be fascinating to look at the very first couple of times, then after that you become boring.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B.son is proof that little details isn't all you need to make clothing look good, their stuff is a twist on the conventional, but in very simplistic ways (buttons differently, drapes a certain way, etc). The textures/colours/patterns leave a lot to be desired.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of B.Son pieces and the hoody can be a bit "space man" but whatever, it's just a hoodie and it's comfy - and extra soft materials seem to be a big part of their style.

My problem with B.Son is the quality for the price. It's just not good enough. If I'm going to pay $500-$600 for a new coat I shouldn't have to worry about threads coming out within the first few weeks or the arms stretching being it's "too soft" to keep it's shape... and on my hoodie the stitching around the corners of the kangaroo pouch has started to come undone. That's the kind of stuff I'd expect from H&M, not a label sold at Self Edge!

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
I have a mock pull over, but it's not getting a lot of use. A bit space man, as some guy above me said. I do like it though. It's just hard to find an occation to us it.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a mock hoodie and its long in the body, cut is pretty good. Not super slim nor boxy. I put it through a hot soak and dry and it turned out a bit better. Fabric is soft, not bad since I copped at 90.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
I have a mock hoodie and its long in the body, cut is pretty good. Not super slim nor boxy. I put it through a hot soak and dry and it turned out a bit better. Fabric is soft, not bad since I copped at 90.
Do you mind sharing pics of how it turned out? I always thought B.Son was dry clean only.
eh.gif

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, Im in class now but Ill try to take some of it. People have complimented me on the hoodie before (prewash) and its an interesting piece that I wear time to time.

Bson is dry clean only, but whatever. It honestly feels and looks the same after the wash. That and Im a student so dry cleaning a hoodie would get me laughed at.

The fit is the same, I think the length shrunk a half an inch and the body feels tighter.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
b.son changed their fits after a certain season where they became much slimmer. i forget which but it was recent like 06 or 07.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads