• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

cciss

Reaction score
I'm a sydneysider that's new to the whole 'nice clothes' game and I've been trying to fill out my wardrobe. Thank god for styleforum. I've bought some nicely fitting suits and a rotation of fairly robust shirts/ties/PS, but now I'm rather lacking in pants.

If I was looking for pairs of rather slim trousers in white/dark grey/tweedish grey, where should I be looking? I would be happy to drop about 150$ on them, hopefully in more hardy fabrics so they can be worn a little casually. Cotton instead of things like wool perhaps?

Additionally, I bought a pair of Loake 1880's and they are great, despite being sliiiiightly too big. I'm going to by some olfe last Meermin oxfords and if anyone has any experience with a size comparison, I'd be appreciative. Would an 8 in Loake transfer to an 8 in Meermin?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent.  We've got three now, myself included.

Perhaps drinks after work. Venue options? 

what date mate ? I may even join for a drink or two.
Dress code needs to be a bit relaxed or bar people will freak out if they see too many well dressed men.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm a sydneysider that's new to the whole 'nice clothes' game and I've been trying to fill out my wardrobe. Thank god for styleforum. I've bought some nicely fitting suits and a rotation of fairly robust shirts/ties/PS, but now I'm rather lacking in pants.

If I was looking for pairs of rather slim trousers in white/dark grey/tweedish grey, where should I be looking? I would be happy to drop about 150$ on them, hopefully in more hardy fabrics so they can be worn a little casually. Cotton instead of things like wool perhaps? 

Additionally, I bought a pair of Loake 1880's and they are great, despite being sliiiiightly too big. I'm going to by some olfe last Meermin oxfords and if anyone has any experience with a size comparison, I'd be appreciative. Would an 8 in Loake transfer to an 8 in Meermin?

Currently have a sale on our white pants and you get a further 10% off using SF10 at checkout which expires tonight.

burnso

Reaction score
A few guys here like Howard Yount (http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pants) which look great. I haven't tried them but Im not really game to buy much clothing without trying on first (they rarely fit right)...

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, and particularly all the Melbourne boys. In conjunction with Ludlows we will be hosting an event in-store at Ludlows in mid April, tentatively booked for the 18th April. It'll be kind of an Autumn/Winter launch but clients will be able to order MTO ties from the new fabrics, plus there will be plenty of the RTW new seasons stuff in store for sale and some of the Scottish cashmere scarves as well that will arrive in March.

There will be more details to come but all SF members will be invited and wine + canapes will be served. I'll be in Melbourne for the Thursday and Friday so if anyone isn't able to make it to the event then I'll be keen to catch up for some lunch or coffee's during the day and will be taking a trip to see the double monk boys too. Richard from Ludlows will also be hopefully getting the DM guys to come in and do some shoe polishing demo's.

Ta
Jas

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, and particularly all the Melbourne boys. In conjunction with Ludlows we will be hosting an event in-store at Ludlows in mid April, tentatively booked for the 18th April. It'll be kind of an Autumn/Winter launch but clients will be able to order MTO ties from the new fabrics, plus there will be plenty of the RTW new seasons stuff in store for sale and some of the Scottish cashmere scarves as well that will arrive in March.

There will be more details to come but all SF members will be invited and wine + canapes will be served. I'll be in Melbourne for the Thursday and Friday so if anyone isn't able to make it to the event then I'll be keen to catch up for some lunch or coffee's during the day and will be taking a trip to see the double monk boys too. Richard from Ludlows will also be hopefully getting the DM guys to come in and do some shoe polishing demo's.

Ta
Jas
cool - let me know when you confirm a date and ill try to fly down for it. MTO ties are cool - what options are available beyond the standard OTR range?

CHECKstar

Reaction score

Ta
Jas

Sounds great - I'm sure the free drinks will entice more then a few of us Melbourne members who regularly catch up. Speaking of which, we probably should organise another one for Feb, no?

On another note, I hit up the Melbourne MJ Bale 'lane-way' sale this morning before stepping into the office, here's the run down:

• Suits started from $399. Most suits were $450, although I was told there was 'a couple' floating round for $350.
  • Heaps of odd jackets, starting from $250 of varying styles (generally the majority had flapped pockets) - plenty of the green Xavier jacket's, plus a few of the summer light blue jackets from this season.
  • Not much in the trouser department, only a couple of styles that I can't imagine going down too well here.
  • Polos were $30 each, $50 for two and $70 for three. T-shirts were similarly priced (maybe slightly cheaper).

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A few guys here like Howard Yount (http://www.howardyount.com/collections/pants) which look great. I haven't tried them but Im not really game to buy much clothing without trying on first (they rarely fit right)...

As probably everyone knows by now, I'm a huge HY fan (4 pairs and counting), so I second this recommendation. And maybe this is just me, but I think you're fairly safe buying trousers online w/r/t fit--they're much simpler fit-wise than jackets. Also, I'm pretty sure you could resell HY trou on here for close to what you paid.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1.25inch. check out Narragansett leather. bang for buck, you can't go past them.

I have a Narragansett belt and like it a lot, but bridle leather will be too casual to wear with suits for some. Also, while I'm as big a tightass as the next man, you could feasibly wear a belt you buy now for the rest of your life, so this is not an item to try to save money on. The cost per wear will be infinitesimal anyway, so BIFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads