• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuhiri

Reaction score
The Aldwych are on the "Capital" last. If you try a calf shoe on in the Capital last in the right size (length and width), then you'll know your size for sure. David Jones' Loake offering is mediocre IMO, so they may not have a point of direct comparison for you.
While on the subject of the capital last. It is easily the best fitting last I have experienced for my feet. So if anybody knows of lasts from other manufacturer's that fit similarly I'd be keen to hear about them.

g-banger

Reaction score

While on the subject of the capital last. It is easily the best fitting last I have experienced for my feet. So if anybody knows of lasts from other manufacturer's that fit similarly I'd be keen to hear about them.

is this not the same as the 026 on the herring loakes?

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, you're lucky man. Capital last doesn't fit me - I remember trying on an 8.5 and it fit well everywhere except the heel was very wide on me. That said, I think some of Beggar Man Thief's stock is offered in wide fittings, and so I may not have actually tried on an 'F' fitting.

Manuhiri

Reaction score
is this not the same as the 026 on the herring loakes?
I don't think so. They might be similar but from the look of them the 026 has a round toe while the Capital has more of a chisel toe. I'd love it if they were close though as the Herring Campden is a nice looking chukka on the 026.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Herringbone Navy Check Suit, trigger pulled!

Both Barrels are Blazing!

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God, RMW online presence + customer service is poor.

I've been trying to get one of their little '6 steps to boot care' brochures they were giving out before Christmas (only found out about them when the site updated). None of the staff in my local outlet had a clue when they were coming in, and customer service gave me an 'um, I don't know'

It's like they don't want my business, or at least don't want it now that I've blown $1K on their shoes.

burnso

Reaction score
I don't think so. They might be similar but from the look of them the 026 has a round toe while the Capital has more of a chisel toe. I'd love it if they were close though as the Herring Campden is a nice looking chukka on the 026.
I have both, but have not worn them enough to distinguish/ compare properly. Plus I don't really notice intricacies between lasts etc (inexperience mainly, and they all seem to feel good).

That being said, the capital last and the 026 last sizing is the same, and they both feel great/ similar on the foot.

I did wear my Campden chukkas for the first time yesterday, and they have beat up my feet pretty well (nice blisters on each pinky and missing a layer of skin on achilles where boot ends).
But I did walk 4 kms+.

I have also been very impressed with Cheaneys 11028 last (my Herring Baldwins). Which feel similar/ better than the 1880's. Id get the Herring chelsea ('Wilson') in 11028 last in a second if the colours suited me...

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheaney is a world above Loake for me. Even Loake's 1880 line (to me) seems a bit cheap with materials and clunky by design.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
On the subject of the capital last, does anyone know how it fits in comparison to the common Carmina lasts (Forest, rain, simpson). I know this is a pretty difficult question to answer, it's just that I'm looking at Carminas and living in Sydney I have no way of accurately gauging size.

Spandexter

Reaction score
I have shoes on the capital last and the Simpson and they are very different. Simpson is very tight in the toe box and vamp areas. To be honest its not really valid to compare the two. I can't talk about the other carmina lasts. HTH.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
I've got capital, robert and simpson. Capital fits bigger overall and wider than both. My capitals are 8.5uk and carmina both 9UK. Simpson is slimmest then robert in the middle. Robert fits me best.
Cheers Jason, just what I wanted to hear. Does anyone have a similar comparison for the forest last?

streetminimal

Reaction score

Thanks CHECK. Not sure how much weight I've lost. It's probably the suit and the angle of the photo that gives that impression. I've still got a gut :D

This suit is a 40R, and I used to wear a 42R before.

Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah MJB suit jackets fit me so well. I only have to alter the pants with a knee-down taper and everything is perfect. I also tried on some of their full canvassed suits that are all made in Japan. The fit is extremely awesome with higher armholes; and the pants have side tabs as well. I think the starting price for them was around $1300 I recall correctly. I don't think I'll have to visit PJohnson for a a suit after all....

I have a few issues. Some are fit-wise and others are personal preference (e.g. I would like a wider lapel), but at ~ $500 for the suit, I can't complain as it's a reasonably good RTW fit. I will be visiting PJohnson in time :)

Last edited:

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
I have shoes on the capital last and the Simpson and they are very different. Simpson is very tight in the toe box and vamp areas. To be honest its not really valid to compare the two. I can't talk about the other carmina lasts. HTH.
Yeah I understand it's pretty difficult to make such comparisons. I think I'll avoid the Simpson, it sounds too narrow for me. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I do have a very high instep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads