• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbles

Reaction score
Had some Meermins arrive today:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925
and
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339

Out of the box, I prefer them to the Herrings I have (plus they fit). A couple of things to note:

Customer service is top shelf - I sent 4 emails in 2 days, and all were replied to in under 2 hours, no matter the time.
When I was told the expected delivery date (by Meermin), that meant the date they were collected by TNT, not when they arrive.
They didn't have any trees in my size, and they are an additional 35 euro.
A couple of very minor finishing issues (nails leaving a slightly bigger hole, some dye stains on insole, punches in the captoe not perfect etc.) but by the looks and initial feel, I'm very happy for under $200/pair landed

Also, TNT tracking/customer service isn't the most reliable, but they got them here in 8 days.

Pics may follow

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's up with Dents gloves in Australia? Dents UK lists all these cashmere, wool, cotton, silk lined gloves of different leathers and the ones I find in Myer and Siricco etc are polyester?

Marbles

Reaction score
Was there an additional shipping charge for trees?

Not as far as I know - we didn't discuss any further once I was told they were out. I imagine they'd put them in the shoes, as mine came with paper stuffed in the toe & vamp, and pressed forward with a piece of plastic tube - imagine a really low budget tree.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had some Meermins arrive today:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925
and
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339

Out of the box, I prefer them to the Herrings I have (plus they fit). A couple of things to note:

Customer service is top shelf - I sent 4 emails in 2 days, and all were replied to in under 2 hours, no matter the time.
When I was told the expected delivery date (by Meermin), that meant the date they were collected by TNT, not when they arrive.
They didn't have any trees in my size, and they are an additional 35 euro.
A couple of very minor finishing issues (nails leaving a slightly bigger hole, some dye stains on insole, punches in the captoe not perfect etc.) but by the looks and initial feel, I'm very happy for under $200/pair landed

Also, TNT tracking/customer service isn't the most reliable, but they got them here in 8 days.

Pics may follow

Under $200 including shipping ?? Once you order how long do you have to wait before the arrive is Oz?
And when shipping to Oz do they deduct the VAT ?
Sizing I am US8EEE . Do they do EEE sizing ?
How would you compare them with AE ?
Sorry mate I have asked you too many questions. Please accept my apologies.

Couldn't resist -(description from the website)

Caballero > Colección Clásica > OXFORDS
Modelo: 101273 - S
Horma: Hiro
Piel: Calf
[COLOR=FF00AA]Color: Negro[/COLOR]
Suela: Cuero
Vira: Formal
Fabricación: GY-1
Montado: A mano
Precio: 150 € (IVA incl.)

Last edited:

Tano

Reaction score
Vat is deducted
Seem better than AE
Shipping is same price for additional pair of shoes or shoe trees

Plestor

Reaction score

Under $200 including shipping ?? Yes, but the mto upcharge would put it over.

Once you order how long do you have to wait before the arrive is Oz?-
And when shipping to Oz do they deduct the VAT ? yes
Sizing I am US8EEE . Do they do EEE sizing ? MTO maybe iirc terry isn't used in any current models http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dyjhkLq21r3fk48o1_1280.jpg
How would you compare them with AE ? Given Ae are Imo worse than Loake for Herring...

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side seams for $50... has Katrinas prices gone up or has it always been like this?

I seriously need to mark done a price list.

apple3210

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the scarves from Henry Carter (Charlie/Jason). Getting cold for those morning/night train rides home.

Btw, how are the sales at DJ's? Anything good in terms of 50% off suits? I find the D'urban suits fit well for the price.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know the shipping times for a Fine Pair of Shoes? No pervious experience with them so would appreciate some first hand knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads