• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm at a loss ... Statler and Waldorf?

more like

250px-StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

let's just say that the MTM Tailoring experience I had from a company whose name is subtly related to the Muppets was a far from positive experience.... the killer was checking the tag in the inside pocket of the jacket to find someone elses name written there, scribbled out, and 'stock' written underneath. I'm also not convinced that the fabric is what I chose, and the 2nd pair of pants haven't materialised (though I haven't paid for them, so I'm not really fussed).
Searching around a bit, there is also mentions in a couple of blog posts about them of Consumer Affairs having a file open on them, and the guy doing a runner with peoples dough in a previous incarnation of his business.

Piggy and Co?

Animal Bespoke?

Gonzo MTM?

:D

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P Johnson in South Melbourne next time MickyD? I think they are around the same price, and I, like most here, have been very happy with the results. By the way, how are you going with adding pocket squares to your daily attire?

Good of you to let us know as it saves others the same fate. For those unsure he is hinting towards Captains of Industry...I have no experience of the company myself so can say one way or the other.

On Burgundy Knit Ties...great choice for Australian Style Forum Members Club Tie...burgundy is a fairly prominent colour on the site, a little more unique that the more ubiquitous navy (which is also great) and, oh, I already own one.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Seth said...
.. is this the same Thom from bobbys cuts hem and haw origin- that went bust -had a cash sale and still owes me money?? Great. Thanks.'

MickyD

Reaction score

P Johnson in South Melbourne next time MickyD?

most definately. Will probably get one done in the new year.

tempted to go for a quick walk down to R&B to get the OSFAMKTIB (official style forum Australian members knit tie in burgundy) since they're just down the road...

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Second that suggestion, mate.

I have 3 suits from Pat and I can readily say: they're the best-looking and fitting suits I've ever worn.

Period.

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will not regret it (I hope)...though you may fall out with your bank manager shortly after when you start placing more orders.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok on the same page re captains of industry now, thanks. My friend was thinking of doing some work with them so I'll give them a suitable warning.

Re meetup ... how bout next Friday 6pm onwards at The Aylesbury top floor? I won't be sporting a burgundy knit tie but a knit tie none the less. Who's in?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will not regret it (I hope)...though you may fall out with your bank manager shortly after when you start placing more orders.

Tell me about it... Ouch.

Just picked up my sharkskin blue suit two weeks ago and still need want a dark grey suit to cap my rotation of work staples at four (navy, sharkskin blue, dark grey, mid-grey PoW), and then after that, a navy pin or chalk-stripe, a grey window-pane check, some sport jackets and a few casual trousers.

Very painful indeed. :foo:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok on the same page re captains of industry now, thanks. My friend was thinking of doing some work with them so I'll give them a suitable warning.

Re meetup ... how bout next Friday 6pm onwards at The Aylesbury top floor? I won't be sporting a burgundy knit tie but a knit tie none the less. Who's in?

Too bad I'm in Sydney... Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads