• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not Doc Martins.

First she has a pair and second your too young to appreciate the joy of women and Doc's.
1f60e.png

Arch3r

Reaction score
What's the word on Chester Mox wallets? I need to pick something up before I head to Europe in April. Are they worth the money?

I like the #53 Museum Calf Compact Bi-Fold Wallet but am a bit concerned it's a bit light on... Two slots and a slip for bills. Any other suggestions? I'm currently rocking a Zegna card case which I've over stuffed but has served me well. Looking to go back to bi-fold/tri-fold.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

I'm looking to buy Mrs GF some nice (translation well made and stylish shoes). Any suggestions for somewhere in Sydney? She's not keen on online shoe shopping.

If you're looking for court shoes/pumps for her, try Ferragamo or Bally or Tod's or Bruno Magli or Gucci or Stuart Weitzman. The Ferragamos and Ballys and perhaps Tod's are still relatively decent: leather lining, leather sock liner, leather outsoles. I think Tod's still tries to have leather insoles on some lines. Magli and Gucci and Weitzman still try to keep up certain standards. They're all slashing quality, though. I suspect none has leather insoles in their pumps anymore--more likely fiberboard. Might still have it in their loafers and flat shoes. Still, they're all better than most "Made in Italy/Spain" women's fashion shoes.

If you want footwear made to men's construction and comfort standards, I'm afraid R. M. Williams may be your only hope for a brick and mortar in Sydney. Paraboot and Gravati and JM Weston make women's shoes and boots with feminine styling up to men's standards (stitched-on soles, decent leather insoles, leather outsoles), but I don't know that there are any brick and mortars with selections big enough for figuring out fit. And of course British makers like C&J have women's lines, but the heels are all pretty low.

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the word on Chester Mox wallets? I need to pick something up before I head to Europe in April. Are they worth the money?

I like the #53 Museum Calf Compact Bi-Fold Wallet but am a bit concerned it's a bit light on... Two slots and a slip for bills. Any other suggestions? I'm currently rocking a Zegna card case which I've over stuffed but has served me well. Looking to go back to bi-fold/tri-fold.
They're my favourite leather makers, have several items of theirs, and looking to get another. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

House breaking new shoes ordered from Herring Thursday arrived Monday. Impressed.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what did you appear in the SC for oil? a bail app?

Notice of motion before the Chief Justice in Equity. Considering I appeared against a Senior Associate and a Partner of a mid tier firm I'm pretty happy with how it went.

acinod

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a black/burgundy reversible belt?

I recall BB had one but it seems to have disappeared from their website.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard LVMH have themselves been bought out by Ka-Ching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads