• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stebbin

Reaction score
Haha, coincidentally, I also received a nice grey check suit from Shanghai C&G, which I tried after some advice from TheWraith. The fabric is a grey check which I sourced from the Huddersfield specials and they did full canvassing. I need to give it a good press before anything. Definitely a change from some of my blues. :p

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Romp what trouser options does Suit Shop do? 

Could one get tab adjusters, button fly, cuffs, etc?

Yeah everything mentioned although button fly costs a tad more

We also do suspender buttons if desired

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, coincidentally, I also received a nice grey check suit from Shanghai C&G, which I tried after some advice from TheWraith. The fabric is a grey check which I sourced from the Huddersfield specials and they did full canvassing. I need to give it a good press before anything. Definitely a change from some of my blues. :p
That looks really great, Stebbin. I've had two suits made by Amy Yang at Shanghai C&G. I can highly recommend them.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rain has finally cleared here

Suit: MJ Bale
Short: Kamakura
Tie: Henry Carter Repp 7 fold
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen
Shoes: Carmina

Last edited:

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to inundate you of late guys but I'm going to get my chinos tapered tomorrow and I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I find my chinos too baggy to wear casually.

I'm going to give the seamstress a pair of my 501s to copy but to give them a straight leg from the knee down rather than a taper.

Would this be an appropriate fit for a pair of chinos on formal occasions? or will it look like I've bought something from jayjays?

Thanks.

Hi Oli, for my part, chinos and jeans should have a quite different fit.

What brand are the chinos, and do you wear them with a crease or not? Either way, iron them how you would wear them, and have them pinned up by the seamstress (or better, an actual tailor). Make sure you move around plenty, as there is a risk you will make them too tight by going for a for that works when you're standing rigid, not walking or sitting.

If you like the length and cuff width of your 501s, that could be taken into account as a vague guide, but the idea of copying sounds risky to me.

herringbonePete

Reaction score
I have just transacted my first SF purchase. Thanks StreetMinimal.
2 x Herring shoes at a great price. The 7.5 a perfect fit, the 7 needs breaking in.

I'm even wearing the brogues in the office - yet noone has commented.
What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oli2012

BB have a slim fit chino and I think J Crew do as well, they also vanity size so be careful if and or when you ever order a pair. Traditionally chinos are based on military trousers, Bill's use a US Army patten from WW2 as the template for their Khaki trousers. So they are specifically designed as slim or is it skinny fit trousers.

Also if you want to see who the blue blazer white shirt rep tie chino look works just watch an episode of the West Wing, it shows up their quite often.

Anybody bought any of the Levis vintage line jeans? Wonder how they compare to APC and other brands.

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have just transacted my first SF purchase. Thanks StreetMinimal.
2 x Herring shoes at a great price. The 7.5 a perfect fit, the 7 needs breaking in.

I'm even wearing the brogues in the office - yet noone has commented.
What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

you will be fine, no one in your office would know even if it is inappropriate. But Brogues are perfectly fine for office wear.

Do you want people to comment?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you will be fine, no one in your office would know even if it is inappropriate. But Brogues are perfectly fine for office wear.

Do you want people to comment?

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Herringbone Pete was hoping that people would be impressed by his lovely, new shoes and that he'd receive some compliments.

Unfortunately, (in my experience, at least) it's not common to be complimented on shoes. I'm occasionally complimented on shirts and ties, rarely complimented on suits or jackets, and almost never complimented on shoes. People occasionally notice when I wear my side-buckle monks or double monks, as they look different, but other than that I receive almost no comments on shoes.

I suspect that this is for two reasons: 1) Most men nowadays know virtually nothing about good shoes; and 2) Most women know virtually nothing about men's shoes. As a result, neither male nor female colleagues pay much attention to the shoes that men in the office wear.

Pete - for what it's worth - congrats on your new shoes, and I'm sure that they look very nice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads