• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowly Public Servant

Reaction score
R.e. (is that good grammar, I can never tell?) the Herringbone sale in Canberra. I emailed Herringbone and got the following response today:

"We are looking to hold a Warehouse Sale in Canberra but unfortunately have been finding it very difficult to arrange a location! This event was originally scheduled for next week, but due to difficulty finding locations/halls/empty real estate, we have moved the sale to Adelaide. Any suggestions you could provide would definitely assist in bring this event to your city in the coming weeks."

Looks like Adelaide will be having a sale some time in the next couple of weeks then, hooray for the Adelaide guys. As for those of us in Canberra, if anyone can think of somewhere 'suitable' (minor pun intended) then we might get a look in. I don't really know of anywher that would suffice for this sort of sale as I have never attended one. The only places I can think of would most likely be far too big and probably too far out of the way for a sale like this.

LPS
smile.gif

Wrigglez

Reaction score
hope you guys had a great one for the catch up, sorry i missed it, i'll catch the next one i promise!!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
censored.gif
Originally Posted by Lowly Public Servant
R.e. (is that good grammar, I can never tell?) the Herringbone sale in Canberra. I emailed Herringbone and got the following response today:

"We are looking to hold a Warehouse Sale in Canberra but unfortunately have been finding it very difficult to arrange a location! This event was originally scheduled for next week, but due to difficulty finding locations/halls/empty real estate, we have moved the sale to Adelaide. Any suggestions you could provide would definitely assist in bring this event to your city in the coming weeks."

Looks like Adelaide will be having a sale some time in the next couple of weeks then, hooray for the Adelaide guys. As for those of us in Canberra, if anyone can think of somewhere 'suitable' (minor pun intended) then we might get a look in. I don't really know of anywher that would suffice for this sort of sale as I have never attended one. The only places I can think of would most likely be far too big and probably too far out of the way for a sale like this.

LPS
smile.gif

I attended one at the Albert Hall by some forgotten brand about five years ago. That is where they tend to put them on or else over at the show grounds and St Vinnies is having a warehouse sale at 10 Buckland Street Mitchell this weekend.

LPS

Did you go out to the Brumbies game Saturday night? Talk about woeful, the only good new is that Jake White is in serious contention to be the new coach. And to think I paid for season tickets
ffffuuuu.gif

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
Good catch up today - thanks for organising fxh.
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
I enjoyed it too. Nice to put faces to some pseudonyms. Thanks again fxh.
Originally Posted by aKula
Yes, thanks for organising the catch up fxh.
Great to meet everyone too and thanks fxh for pulling it together. Managed to find this when I got home:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Seems the Youtube tags aren't working so follow this link: Youtube video
Originally Posted by Wrigglez
hope you guys had a great one for the catch up, sorry i missed it, i'll catch the next one i promise!!
Hopefully the next one won't be too far away!
Originally Posted by merkur
Pics/stories?
Originally Posted by merkur
Was there really a sekret celebrity guest at the meetup?
Now now, for all the details you have to show up to one of these...

Lowly Public Servant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
censored.gif

I attended one at the Albert Hall by some forgotten brand about five years ago. That is where they tend to put them on or else over at the show grounds and St Vinnies is having a warehouse sale at 10 Buckland Street Mitchell this weekend.

LPS

Did you go out to the Brumbies game Saturday night? Talk about woeful, the only good new is that Jake White is in serious contention to be the new coach. And to think I paid for season tickets
ffffuuuu.gif

Cheers Mr Firmin, I will put the Albert Hall on my list to email back to Herringbone. Already got the EPIC show grounds. I will add the Mitchell place as well.

Yes I was at the game on Saturday. So many chances to score a try and they literally threw the ball away each time. The only consolation was that I was sitting with some mates down in the corner where most of the action was. Losing in the last 9 secs was the final humiliation of the night.

LPS
frown.gif

ned kelly

Reaction score
I had a quick look at American Tailors last week.C + J benchgrade $500, handgrade $690. G + G $1200.

hidepenny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ned kelly
I had a quick look at American Tailors last week.C + J benchgrade $500, handgrade $590. G + G $1200.

that's about right, herringbone is doing about the same price i think, have they ever put them on sales?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
eh.gif
That's much cheaper than I thought those might cost.

On a related note since when did Myer start selling L'Stony shoes?

ned kelly

Reaction score
I don't know if they are offered on sale. I think i was speaking to one of the owners. He felt they were competitive with internet pricing.

laston

Reaction score
I'd like to have an Australian related whinge.

I want to buy myself a few new shirts, so I pick out a couple of Brooks Brothers Slim OCBD's off of their website and they're asking $50 shipping. Tell 'em they're dreamin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads