• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
I grabbed the suit last year so not sure if its still available. You could check in store if you are close to one.

boff

Reaction score

I grabbed the suit last year so not sure if its still available. You could check in store if you are close to one.

I bought mine in their sale in January so I doubt it's "mainline" any more. If you are in Sydney, best bet would be their outlet at Birkenhead Point.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are moleskin jackets in or out? I have never been a big fan but walked past a sportscraft one in DJ's that caught my eye and actually wore pretty well.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I bought mine in their sale in January so I doubt it's "mainline" any more. If you are in Sydney, best bet would be their outlet at Birkenhead Point.
i think MJBale convinced TBM that it was a one off run ... either way its in limited quantity

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are moleskin jackets in or out? I have never been a big fan but walked past a sportscraft one in DJ's that caught my eye and actually wore pretty well.
not a fan

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say, they're everywhere now and look pretty gross.

Btw, if anyone's after a real Aussie chukka RMW can do the kingsvale with a medium-narrow or wide toe instead of the standard chisel.

Stebbin

Reaction score
I just placed my order for a pair of custom RMW Macquarie boots in french calf and a brass screw sole the other day after seeing Princeofpaisley's pair. Hope I don't slip on those soles!

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Oli! Will do first needa pop into my local store and get sized (5 mins from house booyah!); good to hear Stebbin hope they turn out great!
Edit: I like moleskine trousers and sketchbooks; never tried a jacket but would it be that much different to a suede bomber? And I like sueded bombers....

Plestor

Reaction score

I just placed my order for a pair of custom RMW Macquarie boots in french calf and a brass screw sole the other day after seeing Princeofpaisley's pair. Hope I don't slip on those soles!

I hope you walk very very carefully. Due to the lack of sole acting as a "bumper" screw sole based shoes tend to scratch and scuff very easily.

Last edited:

Stebbin

Reaction score
Haha, I consider that a tradeoff for the extra sleekness. I've got a few jars of Saphir so maybe having a mirror polish may mitigate that to some extent.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My goto leather jacket is a reversible A2 bomber with tan suede on one side and navy leather on the other. It's from some Italian maker called Schiatti. Had it for years and intend to keep it for many more...

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you guys recommend me some Austrailians websites for suits and sportscoats? I just know of Herringbone Sydney

Stebbin

Reaction score
Can you guys recommend me some Austrailians websites for suits and sportscoats? I just know of Herringbone Sydney

Depends on your budget and what you're looking for. MJ Bale, TM Lewin are some options if you are looking for off the rack. The benefit is there are stores where you can have a better gauge for the sizing.

For MTM, there's Patrick Johnson and Suitshop which seems to have a dedicated following in this thread.

I've also personally had some success with Elite Suits but you will find that opinions here are mixed.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My goto leather jacket is a reversible A2 bomber with tan suede on one side and navy leather on the other. It's from some Italian maker called Schiatti. Had it for years and intend to keep it for many more...

I've seen some Schiatti jackets in Japan. They looked very nice, but they certainly weren't cheap - I think that they were priced at around $2000. The leather on the one that I looked at was lovely and buttery soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members