• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go wool, but I just got one from Zara almost the same as the above for $60 and it feels pretty good and fits great. Can't think of what it's made of (not wool). Make sure you do it up.

If you want a dark grey suit look at the MJ bale mudgee.

How come you wanna wear sunnies indoors? Or do you mean as glasses? Have you heard the saying "only rockstars and arseholes wear sunglasses inside"?

Yours was one of the ones I had in mind! I saw these on ASOS for $30 and have been tempted to grab them:

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Cardi...53&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Greymarl

I've got the Mudgee. It's nice, but having darker features I find that the mid grey makes me look washed out compared to say the Armidale.

nakky

Reaction score

3) I want to start rocking a cardi like this:

Should I go a cotton or a wool? I was thinking of grabbing a marle and light red cotton from Asos, more for fun than anything. 

Looks like a Drakes cashmere sleeveless vest

I prefer cashmere & wool over cotton

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right Matt and thanks for raising the questions I need to take into consideration. I am not outsourcing the decision. I am just seeking some perspective from people with varying levels of experience and stages in their careers. This has been my first job so this is the first time I've had to make such a decision and I have very little to compare it to. Cheers.

If the two options seem roughly equal to you overall, the new opportunity is probably in reality better, as status quo bias causes us to irrationally overvalue the things we currently 'possess'. Plus, changing **** up is just a more interesting way to live.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a get-together with the local Basenotes crowd today. We were very fortunate to be joined by Steven Broadhurst, founder and creative director of an Australian niche fragrance house called Tommi Sooni. Steven has worked as a fashion photographer in the past, including in Andy Warhol's studio. Tommi Sooni is all about creating unique high-end Australian fragrances that showcase the scents of Australia, such as boronia, mimosa, lemon-scented eucalypts etc. He brought along samples of his latest, Passarelle, which had all the ladies there swooning. (Mothers Day gift, maybe).

Tommi Sooni has a couple of unisex EDTs, which are really EDP strengh; Steven said if he labels something Parfum, men won't buy it. Sadly, he can't get Australian stores to stock his Australian product, and has to sell it in NY and Europe. You can get it online at http://www.tommisooni.com/

Steven is a really nice guy, and trying to do exactly the kind of thing we like to see here. I plan to buy one of his colognes as soon as I can decide which one.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol polaroid - fishing glasses

Ftfy.

I just got back from the mountains this arvo, absolutely rooted now. Had a great time and got 2 really big brown trout (it's spawning time) at about 4-5 lb each.

It was -10 last night. Coldest I have ever been in my life, current camping record stood at -5. That, and the wild dogs you could hear up across the plains meant an almost sleepless night for me. Still, bloody good time.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ftfy.

I just got back from the mountains this arvo, absolutely rooted now. Had a great time and got 2 really big brown trout (it's spawning time) at about 4-5 lb each.

It was -10 last night. Coldest I have ever been in my life, current camping record stood at -5. That, and the wild dogs you could hear up across the plains meant an almost sleepless night for me. Still, bloody good time.

You're like Bear Grylls, but better because you sell nice ties 'n stuff.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Ms is sitting in front of TV watching Richmond vs Geelong, yelling & swearing, drinking and eating chips etc.

Me: I'm in the office having a quiet James Squire Stowaway IPA, listening to ABC Jazz on digital radio, Yamaha NS10 - white cone vintage speakers, and reading the Productivity Commission Report on NDIS.
I can't stand sport.

Its a funny old world isn't it.

When one friend of ours female observed the same thing (in reverse) my wife just said to her "Listen...They are blokes. They watch footy" Deal with it!.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I bought my first respectable ties! What are your thoughts on the green? Bit of an experiment so I left the tags on. Also: what kind of pocket squares go with navy ties? Also: Tie Rack - decent quality or bad? It's having closing down sales all over. 50% off ties and 30% off pocket squares.
Nothing wrong with TieRack especially its top made in UK range
You're like Bear Grylls, but better because you sell nice ties 'n stuff.
One of the thread's best so far....:crackup:

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ftfy.

Too manly for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads