• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of winter and sweaters in manly/fisherman styles: where would I go to in melbourne to try out thick cashmere sweaters or cardigans preferably a cable knit sweater but a thick manly cardigan wouldn't go astray.
P.S. Any reviews on Henry Carter bow ties? Thinking of grabbing one with a knit tie.

Your better off trawling the net

I know that a lot of major US players are having Winter sales ergo my new peacoat, and there are bound to British sales as well. BB have good prices on cashmere that link I posted earlier has a good nautical selection I also read they are supplying the blokes recreating the Shackleton voyage another one is http://www.ganseys.co.uk/ that one will cost you or this http://www.scotweb.co.uk/products/sworg-mens-cash-crewneck-sweater/

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am drooling over the Drakes sweater. Droooooling!

I think I might grab and Epaulet one. At $400 a sweater, it ain't cheap!

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in Loro Piana cashmere v necks in size M, get in touch with me in a couple of weeks. I have an excess of new sweaters :)

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in Loro Piana cashmere v necks in size M, get in touch with me in a couple of weeks. I have an excess of new sweaters
smile.gif
Wtf? How can you have excess of Loro Piana cashmeres!?

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks; I'll try to get that into the budget for my holiday at the end of the year. So for a sweater in the mean time what would you guys suggest for a reasonably priced cable knit (Preferably try on able somewhere in melbourne) Or a Shetland sweater ( those ones you see worn over an ocbd and no jacket).

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, I just removed the belt loops from a couple of pairs of trousers. I like it. It makes watching the cricket more enjoyable.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am drooling over the Drakes sweater. Droooooling!

I think I might grab and Epaulet one. At $400 a sweater, it ain't cheap!

It's not a bad price either. I think I'll grab some someday.

If anyone is interested in Loro Piana cashmere v necks in size M, get in touch with me in a couple of weeks. I have an excess of new sweaters
smile.gif

PM me please! (Loro Piana have some of the only decent cashmere mills operating anymore!)

Originally Posted by TehBunny

Thanks; I'll try to get that into the budget for my holiday at the end of the year. So for a sweater in the mean time what would you guys suggest for a reasonably priced cable knit (Preferably try on able somewhere in melbourne) Or a Shetland sweater ( those ones you see worn over an ocbd and no jacket).

Is there a reason you're pedantic about trying these on? It just seriously limits your options.

Shetland sweater refers to the type of wool, not the cut (I think you're referring to crew neck). Shetland wool is shubby and can often be itchy (but that's offset by gorgeous texture).

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yeah that's exactly what I want (itchy sexy texture) going through the interweaves right now and the jcrew shaggy dogs seem to be quite god and at a price I'm more than happy to pay for. Also thanks for the sweater pron that drakes cardigan is **** worthy!

g-banger

Reaction score

Well, they are awesome :)

Umm, ask g-banger, he has one and by all accounts is very happy with it, but don't take my word for it I'm sure he'll chime in.

Hell yeah!!! Absolutely love mine, I got heaps of compliments when I wore it at a wedding last. Can't wait for my next formal event :)

streetminimal

Reaction score
So something came in the mail today...

PJohnson Ice Blue shirt + Henry Carter White shirt (not pictured).

Seeing as I've purchased shirts from all three Australian menswear boutiques mentioned here on SF, I thought I might give people some insight into how they fit.

So in terms of closeness of fit for my body, here are my rankings:

1. PJohnson and Henry Carter: The shoulders sit nicely on top and are neither too short nor too long for my actual shoulders; the collar space when buttoned up is almost perfect with Jason's shirts leaving a slightly more room than the PJ; the sleeves are exactly on top of the hinges of my wrists so they both don't stray into 'palm territory' nor do they sit too far away from the hinges and lastly the cut of the chests and waists also sit nicely. Again, Jason's shirts here give slightly more room than the PJ one which allows for a bit more mobility and movement.
2. O&J: I think it may have been the sizing that I got wrong with this one but I feel that the chest cut was a bit too close and the collar when buttoned was also a tad tight. Sleeves are okay though. Next time if you guys release more colours (please!!!!!) I might size up .5 a size.

But nevertheless, all three don't compromise on the construction side of things and they all look pretty well put together. The PJ one I must say is quite nice especially on the buttons - they're reinforced quite well and feel very sturdy when buttoning up.

FWIW, I purchased a size 38 (15") in the PJ; 39 (15.5") in the HC and a size M (15" ) in the O&J. I also now have two of Jason's shirts, the blue check and the white - the fit is consistent across both.

PJ costs: $195
HC costs: $96
O&J costs: $155

I think Jason's shirts have been the best value for price for me so far. The fit is on point, feels and looks good plus there's a bit of room to move around and it was below $100.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If anyone is interested in Loro Piana cashmere v necks in size M, get in touch with me in a couple of weeks. I have an excess of new sweaters :)

Hit me up!

So something came in the mail today...

PJohnson Ice Blue shirt + Henry Carter White shirt (not pictured).

Seeing as I've purchased shirts from all three Australian menswear boutiques mentioned here on SF, I thought I might give people some insight into how they fit.

So in terms of closeness of fit for my body, here are my rankings:

1. PJohnson and Henry Carter: The shoulders sit nicely on top and are neither too short nor too long for my actual shoulders; the collar space when buttoned up is almost perfect with Jason's shirts leaving a slightly more room than the PJ; the sleeves are exactly on top of the hinges of my wrists so they both don't stray into 'palm territory' nor do they sit too far away from the hinges and lastly the cut of the chests and waists also sit nicely. Again, Jason's shirts here give slightly more room than the PJ one which allows for a bit more mobility and movement.
2. O&J: I think it may have been the sizing that I got wrong with this one but I feel that the chest cut was a bit too close and the collar when buttoned was also a tad tight. Sleeves are okay though. Next time if you guys release more colours (please!!!!!) I might size up .5 a size.

But nevertheless, all three don't compromise on the construction side of things and they all look pretty well put together. The PJ one I must say is quite nice especially on the buttons - they're reinforced quite well and feel very sturdy when buttoning up.

FWIW, I purchased a size 38 (15") in the PJ; 39 (15.5") in the HC and a size M (15" ) in the O&J. I also now have two of Jason's shirts, the blue check and the white - the fit is consistent across both.

PJ costs: $195
HC costs: $96
O&J costs: $155

I think Jason's shirts have been the best value for price for me so far. The fit is on point, feels and looks good plus there's a bit of room to move around and it was below $100.

We added a blue but also have 4 more popovers in two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads