• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sure hope someone can help me here. Is this outfit coordinated properly? I hope the pants aren't too light. Also which pair of socks should I wear?
Hard to tell seeing it like that, but I think it's alittle overkill on the green/red unless you're going to a holiday party.

WickedKlown

Reaction score
Yesterday I took my navy 3 piece suit in to have it tailored, hoping I didn't make a mistake. Correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I'm not. For the vest it's ok to have it show a little of the waist band when the bottom button is undone. The vest was a tad long so I had them bring it up just a little bit. Right below the bottom button will hit right where this vest hit maybe a tad lower or higher.
Also went with a 1/4 break with the back of the pants slightly longer than the front. For the jacket I had the sleeve cut to show 1/2" of the shirt cuff, and went with the buttons on the sleeve kissing.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Peacoats: aside from using them with a shirt with no tie, what other ocassion is good for wearin one?

I don't understand... one of my winter coats is a peacoat I wear it with everything

Businessness

Reaction score
Can anyone give the name of a company that makes both a carry-on size duffle and a larger duffle with the following requirements

-black
-non-leather
-lifetime warranty or alternatively high quality a la Filson

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Businessness

Reaction score

The Medium Carryall is too small to be used a s a carry on, it's barely large enough to fill the requirements of a messenger type bag imo

The larger ones size is frustratingly described but in any case that is inconsequential because the set is not there

As for Ernest Alexander when I checked their website their sizes go up to carry-on size only but the canvas overnight bag is rather nice

Thank you for the suggestions

Supasing

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on parkas for Boston's snow? Looking to avoid the ubiquitous Canada Goose. TOJ would have been perfect (If anyone has a fishtail in a small, sell it to me. Any color is fine). Woolrich and spiewak aren't doing it for me. Just gonna be used for walking for no longer than 30 mins.

Last edited:

Supasing

Reaction score
L.L. Bean's Baxter State Parka might not be a bad choice.

'Course, to a certain extent any advice on parkas will depend on the conditions you expect to face, and the activities in which you'll be engaged.
Boston's snow. Pretty much just walking for no longer than 30 mins or so. Looking for something a bit more form fitting than the L.L Bean. Budget's around $400.

Businessness

Reaction score
Wow the aviator series comes really close to ideal, I really like that this company has a design philosophy and sticks to it. Does this not have shoulder strap latches though? That's a deal-breaker for me because carrying a duffle bag like a tote sucks the cock. My ideal would also be more luxe than this, I feel like the designs would be more aesthetically pleasing if they were less squarish for a start

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
For the vest it's ok to have it show a little of the waist band when the bottom button is undone

Borderline.. You dont really want your waistband or worse, a belt, peeking out. And definitely not your shirt or the bottom of your tie.
If you're going to wear a three piece, the trousers need to have a high enough rise for the top not to be visible under the waistcoat. If you're wearing the three piece, braces would also be the norm. If you can make out the bottom of the waistband it's no big deal, but the main thing is for there to be a consistent smooth transition from the waistcoat to the trousers.

Personally I have all my suits made as three pieces, and all my suit trousers with a higher rise. But with less formal suits, e.g. linen, I also put belt loops on the trousers and sometimes wear a belt and leave the waistcoat if it's very hot. Each to his own. Just don't let anything obvious like a belt of a glimpse of shirt peek out of your waistcoat - it will make it look too small even if it isn't.

Last edited:

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yesterday I took my navy 3 piece suit in to have it tailored, hoping I didn't make a mistake. Correct me if I'm wrong and I hope I'm not. For the vest it's ok to have it show a little of the waist band when the bottom button is undone. The vest was a tad long so I had them bring it up just a little bit. Right below the bottom button will hit right where this vest hit maybe a tad lower or higher.
Also went with a 1/4 break with the back of the pants slightly longer than the front. For the jacket I had the sleeve cut to show 1/2" of the shirt cuff, and went with the buttons on the sleeve kissing.
Listen to the member above me: you do NOT want anything showing beneath the waistcoat. Hell, you shouldn't even have anything showing when you button up your jacket. This means you have to have the proper rise, button stance, and be wearing your trousers at the proper height. Your waistcoat is too low. Don't use Indochino's models as a base. Look up classically well dressed men and take styling tips from them instead. A good example of a 3 Piece is Connery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads