• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was tempted by a Collezioni solid navy flannel suit a while back. I checked the tag, and it was 100% polyester. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Ketawa

Reaction score
Was wondering if I could get some feedback on the fit of these trousers from Howard Yount. They're the Made in USA fit in size 38. I had to tighten the side adjusters almost to their limit, but they seem to fit well in the thighs. Made in Italy is too tight in the thighs for me. I'm 6'5" and about 215 lbs.

To my untrained eye, they seem to fit well. I would probably have a tailor take in the waist a little.

WickedKlown

Reaction score
I was wondering if a blucher cap toe would be ok to wear to say a wedding. I know that a balmorals are more formal, but I have a slight problem with them. First I can't find them in my size and in my price range. Second I have severe type 1 diabetes with neuropathy in the feet and legs. I would love to get a pair of Allen Edmond Park Avenue's. I can't justify the price for a pair of shoes I maybe only to wear once or twice.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if a blucher cap toe would be ok to wear to say a wedding. I know that a balmorals are more formal, but I have a slight problem with them. First I can't find them in my size and in my price range. Second I have severe type 1 diabetes with neuropathy in the feet and legs. I would love to get a pair of Allen Edmond Park Avenue's. I can't justify the price for a pair of shoes I maybe only to wear once or twice.

As a guest, unless it's more formal than suits, you should be fine. Black, though. Black.

WickedKlown

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply, oh yea definitely a black pair. Also looking at a pair of black wingtips as I already have a pair of cognac colored ones. I don't plan to ever stand up in a wedding again. The last one I did the shoes we had to wear messed my feet up for a month afterwards.

Last edited:

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply, oh yea definitely a black pair. Also looking at a pair of black wingtips as I already have a pair of cognac colored ones. I don't plan to ever stand up in a wedding again. The last one I did the shoes we had to wear messed my feet up for a month afterwards.

Wow; I'm surprised they were that picky, if you had a medical (or whatever) reason that the shoes weren't good. I just told my guys black shoes, and it looked just fine. My brother in law and I were in balmorals, one other guy in derbies, and I don't even know what the best man wore, except it was black.

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if I could get some feedback on the fit of these trousers from Howard Yount. They're the Made in USA fit in size 38. I had to tighten the side adjusters almost to their limit, but they seem to fit well in the thighs. Made in Italy is too tight in the thighs for me. I'm 6'5" and about 215 lbs.

To my untrained eye, they seem to fit well. I would probably have a tailor take in the waist a little.

Aside from the length, yes they look like they fit. And I'm totally a fan of the snazzy white t-shirt.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
VISVIM. anyone have input on this? i know its SW&D but seems like the prices are quite high on these pieces? just rare?

ovlov

Reaction score
VISVIM. anyone have input on this? i know its SW&D but seems like the prices are quite high on these pieces? just rare?
Just cos it's casual doesn't mean it has to be cheap. From what I understand it's very well made, but I personally wouldn't spend the money on it. I don't know enough about casual wear to really comment on value though. Mark up obviously has a lot to do with exclusivity though.

mrhoangng

Reaction score
It looks a touch big in the shoulders.

The ticket pocket is a more casual touch, and I certainly wouldn't think anyone would think you presumptuous for having one.

J
To J011yroger,

Should I get something done in the shoulder? Or just leave it as it is.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads