1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

Houseplants?

2. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

With my wool dress pants, the waist is loose enough that it droops down in front (flat stomach) while in the back it is held up by my butt. This results in a pretty sloppy look, especially from the side. However, if I were to get the waist taken in, I believe that it would be too tight while sitting down. Any solution to this? Is the only way to cinch up my belt tighter while standing than sitting?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  3. Michael Bailey

Michael Bailey Member

4. Michael Bailey

Michael Bailey Member

5. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

6. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Well-Known Member

I just had the same issue and went to a really good local tailor, he was not complimentary of the fit the store had done to say the least. If it is done right you will not have to "cinch up".

7. Apollotrader

Anybody?

8. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

As long as it fits you who minds?

9. aw82

aw82 Well-Known Member

I just snagged a pair of Bill's Khakis in the Cramerton cloth (heavyweight) from MyHabit for $69: http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept...=B008OXCJI6&cAsin=B008OXCK1M&ref=qd_b_img_d_5

Thoughts on this purchase? I'm not sure whether this is the M1, M2, or M3 fit. Also, I'm concerned that these might be too heavy for year-round wear in Texas. Would my money be better spent on a couple pair of Dockers or something else?

10. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Darts serve a different purpose than taking in the sides. They mostly shape the back so there isn't a bunch of extra material where your back curves.

11. Apollotrader

12. MarshMan114

MarshMan114 Member

So I purchased a pair of black PA's from Nordstrom during their sale last month and also purchase a pair of Hale Walnut directly from AE on sale. The size was not correct so I mailed them back and was informed they are no longer in production.
    AE was very nice and said I could get another pair of shoes up to $335 (even though the ones I bought were $249). I really liked the look of the Hale and wanted some advice on what I should get instead.
    These are my first 2 pairs of nice shoes and I would like to be able to wear them with suits and nicer/casual weekend wear. I really love the look of the Vernon, but is that "too dressy" for an all around shoe? The strands are nice/popular here, but I am not a huge fan of the medallion (hence my love for the Hale and Vernon).
    What about the Monk strap?

13. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

14. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Bump.

15. irust

irust Active Member

Quick question - what would be a good suit to buy as a college student of limited means? Thinking something in the <700 range that would be very slim fitting (I'm quite a skinny guy, 5'11 140lbs). I'm thinking something in a similar shape to APC suits...

16. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I replied in the other thread that you posted this in and mentioned DC Lewis and A Fine Pair of Shoes. Not either of them?

17. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

well yes, but the plant that I am referring to looks like a mini tree, and I believe people "groom" the tree as well.

18. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Bonsai?

19. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

20. Apollotrader