• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

steveoly

Reaction score

OK This is a dumb question.
I bought a DB flannel jacket, but they don't have cuff buttons. The button was made of wood. Where can I find it? My past experience was they always will give you buttons somewhere, but there's only a very small one (for the internal pocket) can be found. :brick: I don't want return because I like the jacket. Is that OK to
Thanks in advance. Gents.

Get some nice horn buttons put on the jacket. There are a few sellers here that have horn buttons. Also, I have bought a number of times from www.bennosbuttons.com. They have a few different horn buttons available too.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there an Italian shoe maker called Antonio Carbone, of Casa di Scarpe Carbone? I read it in a book, which also talks about savile row, but I cannot find a link verifying this info.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I found this blazer in an auction and I like it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tommy-Hil...&otn=4&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5842234627944904304

Do you think the color is versatile? Can I wear it with jeans and navy chinos (and tan shoes)? Thanks a lot.

Yes, by my screen it looks like a charcoal grey. It would go well with white, lavender, and blue, or a combination of these colors with stripes (white and blue vertical striped shirt, gingham etc). Navy chinos would work, but the jeans I'm not so sure about. I have always thought that if a blazer is to be worn with jeans, it should be a slim fit and a little shorter in the vent area.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've dropped a LOT of weight over the last year and a half.

Long story short, most of my clothes fit more than slightly baggy, or just do not fit at all. As a result I can usually either pick a good outfit that fits horribly, or a well fitting outfit that doesn't make much sense (I'm too broke to raid any stores in a serious way).

My question:

Navy suit, brown shoes (no black belt ATM) informal brown leather overcoat, or formal black wool coat?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK This is a dumb question.

I bought a DB flannel jacket, but they don't have cuff buttons. The button was made of wood. Where can I find it? My past experience was they always will give you buttons somewhere, but there's only a very small one (for the internal pocket) can be found. :brick: I don't want return because I like the jacket. Is that OK to

Thanks in advance. Gents.

Get some nice horn buttons put on the jacket. There are a few sellers here that have horn buttons. Also, I have bought a number of times from www.bennosbuttons.com. They have a few different horn buttons available too.

Does the jacket even have faux open cuffs? If not, fake buttons are going to look really weird.

bohemiandandy

Reaction score
Hey guys. First time posting here, hopefully you can help me out. I'm thinking of getting myself an Isaia sportcoat off STP. Since their stuff is mostly handmade..would it be a mistake to get the waist taken in if it doesn't fit me quite right OTR? I'm thinking its gonna fit me good on the shoulders, but I'm not planning on messing with that anyway. But the chest has a nice drape that I fear I might ruin if I get the waist adjusted. I don't know much but I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I've dropped a LOT of weight over the last year and a half.

Long story short, most of my clothes fit more than slightly baggy, or just do not fit at all. As a result I can usually either pick a good outfit that fits horribly, or a well fitting outfit that doesn't make much sense (I'm too broke to raid any stores in a serious way). 

My question:

Navy suit, brown shoes (no black belt ATM) informal brown leather overcoat, or formal black wool coat?

Go with the black coat. You don't really have to worry about coordinating your overcoat too much.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Does the jacket even have faux open cuffs? If not, fake buttons are going to look really weird.

Here's what the sleeve look like. It supposed to be a function cuff or no? I called Jil Sander store and told me it's the design I need to short my sleeve from the shoulder. I don't know if she's serious enough to mean that. The little black thing on sleeves are not real stitching, it's a piece of "thing" sew at the 2 ends. I insert a piece of paper to show that.

What's the best solution to short sleeves? Should I remove all the black thing just short sleeves (all tailors can do) and them re-sew it? Or I really need to do it from the sleeve. or I just buy some buttons? what's the best way to do it. I'm not an expert in this. I don't want my local tailor to ruin my jacket. I really like the color, fabric and cut of it. Sorry for my confusion description. Thanks gents. :D

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone thought of adding some kind of heavy lining or tape to the inside hem of their pants in order to make them drape better and reduce the billowing while walking? Pretty much the same effect of having cuffs but without having cuffs. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of any detriment to doing this.

this feature is par for the course on anything (worthwhile) custom made... usually part of the selvedge or just extra fabric added to the interior of the cuff both for drape and durability. If you have OTR pants that would benefit from this, just get some scrap fabric that is very similar and have a tailor add it. Should be easy and do the trick.

steveoly

Reaction score

Here's what the sleeve look like. It supposed to be a function cuff or no? I called Jil Sander store and told me it's the design I need to short my sleeve from the shoulder. I don't know if she's serious enough to mean that. The little black thing on sleeves are not real stitching, it's a piece of "thing" sew at the 2 ends. I insert a piece of paper to show that.
What's the best solution to short sleeves? Should I remove all the black thing just short sleeves (all tailors can do) and them re-sew it? Or I really need to do it from the sleeve. or I just buy some buttons? what's the best way to do it. I'm not an expert in this. I don't want my local tailor to ruin my jacket. I really like the color, fabric and cut of it. Sorry for my confusion description. Thanks gents. :D

Nice coat. The sleeves are unfinished, so you can shorten them all you want from the sleeve end and not the shoulder. Since it's an overcoat, it's thick which I think would make it tricky for functional button holes. But who knows, good tailors can do great things.

Why not just get some new buttons and sew them on to the sleeves as non-functional, ornamental ones? Of course, you'll want to swap out the buttons on the jacket too.

Here's a picture for example :
CeLucSuitNavyWindowpane015.jpg

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys. First time posting here, hopefully you can help me out. I'm thinking of getting myself an Isaia sportcoat off STP. Since their stuff is mostly handmade..would it be a mistake to get the waist taken in if it doesn't fit me quite right OTR? I'm thinking its gonna fit me good on the shoulders, but I'm not planning on messing with that anyway. But the chest has a nice drape that I fear I might ruin if I get the waist adjusted. I don't know much but I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

Most everyone on SF buys items knowing that they will have to have something on the item altered in order to have it fit right. Shoulders are the one thing to not mess with, but it sounds like they fit already, I say go for it.

ramp

Reaction score
Is there any way to restore linen pants to their former texture?
They were ironed at the cleaner and now they're really stiff and drape poorly, like the weave is tighter.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Nice coat. The sleeves are unfinished, so you can shorten them all you want from the sleeve end and not the shoulder. Since it's an overcoat, it's thick which I think would make it tricky for functional button holes. But who knows, good tailors can do great things.
Why not just get some new buttons and sew them on to the sleeves as non-functional, ornamental ones? Of course, you'll want to swap out the buttons on the jacket too.
Here's a picture for example :
CeLucSuitNavyWindowpane015.jpg

Thanks. I don't really care it's functional or nonfunctional. But problem is I don't have matching sleeve cuff buttons. I like the original buttons. But I called them they said no, no buttons, because it's the design. :foo: will it look wired if I leave it without any buttons?

I think. The original buttons looks good. Btw it's a double breasted jacket. Not long as overcoat.:D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads