• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Salieri

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm searching from two days ago but I didn't find exactly what I want. Did anybody knows some online shops with ready-to-wear CLASSIC overcoats/topcoats, suits and other things? I found menswarehouse.com, but I want more. Please, if anybody knows, post here. I'm looking to buy online because in Romania (my country) is only bad quality stuff. I'd like something like John Gotti style, or like this: http://www.hbo.com/assets/images/ser...rmine-1600.jpg (the left), or like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G5RrlRKCJx...t-DeNiro_l.jpg I like double breasted very much, but single breasted too. Colour, doesn't matter. Thanks a lot! Stefan.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salieri
Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm searching from two days ago but I didn't find exactly what I want. Did anybody knows some online shops with ready-to-wear CLASSIC overcoats/topcoats, suits and other things? I found menswarehouse.com, but I want more. Please, if anybody knows, post here. I'm looking to buy online because in Romania (my country) is only bad quality stuff.
I'd like something like John Gotti style,
or like this: http://www.hbo.com/assets/images/ser...rmine-1600.jpg (the left),
or like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_G5RrlRKCJx...t-DeNiro_l.jpg

I like double breasted very much, but single breasted too. Colour, doesn't matter.

Thanks a lot!

Stefan.

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/...ear/Categories

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archivist
^ There are times when one should simply cut ones losses and move on.

But its vintage YSL
confused.gif

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to take a loss on my coat to get rid of it. Taking losses on clothing that I have not worn hurts my heart. Originally, I thought the coat was too small, however, looking at the photos, I don't mind how it looks. The only issue is that I cannot fit a coat underneath. Is it silly to have a topcoat that cannot fit a sportcoat/suit jacket underneath?

IMG_1670.jpg
IMG_1673-1.jpg
IMG_1671.jpg

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
Is it silly to have a topcoat that cannot fit a sportcoat/suit jacket underneath?

How many coats do you own? If you own several then no it's not silly. If it's your one and only and need to wear a jacket then it is. Also if you're in a cold weather area and just need to seriously layer then it's an issue.

But all that only matters if you only have one coat. I have coats that fit snug enough you can't wear much under them. Coats that are almost too big so I can heavily layering.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salieri
Hey guys. I'm new here. I'm searching from two days ago but I didn't find exactly what I want. Did anybody knows some online shops with ready-to-wear CLASSIC overcoats/topcoats, suits and other things? I found menswarehouse.com, but I want more. Please, if anybody knows, post here. I'm looking to buy online because in Romania (my country) is only bad quality stuff.

Just take the plane to Italy after Jan 6th. The sales will be on.

Salieri

Reaction score
That's the problem, I'm only 16 years old, and my dad is affraid of airplanes in this season, DAMN
frown.gif
! Thanks for this tip anyway, but I'd still like an online shop.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
How many coats do you own? If you own several then no it's not silly. If it's your one and only and need to wear a jacket then it is. Also if you're in a cold weather area and just need to seriously layer then it's an issue.

But all that only matters if you only have one coat. I have coats that fit snug enough you can't wear much under them. Coats that are almost too big so I can heavily layering.

I have 3 other coats that I can fit a suit jacket underneath, so I'm OK on that front.

scypticalchymist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoomDiggs
1) White
2) A patterned, green on white, shirt (i.e. stripes or checks).

Thanks! I already tried it with a green gingham and it looked pretty good when covered with a sweater (otherwise it's only appropriate on St Patrick's day!).

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is 2 ply fabric a must?

When I buy shirts from modern tailor I always check off the 2 ply box to filter out the non-2 ply fabrics. Is this the right thing to do? Will I be missing out on some good fabrics if I do this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads