• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

wrongandright

Reaction score
This is gonna be a stupid question, but I'm planning on getting a custom suit made. I would like to use it for weddings, funerals, and all that stuff. Will a 1-button suit be alright for that?

yuna12

Reaction score
hello,
I am currently hunting for a pair of dress shoes, something between 200-400 dollars, black, business formal and comfortable, brand doesn't mean a lot to me but i have to be able to buy it online and get it shipped to me (i live in california) within the next 8 days, a member here recommended AE's park avenue, i like it alot, are there any other brand/model u would recommend?
thanks

unkownone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Actually...ditch the hot pink shirt. Get a cream linen shirt (wear unbuttoned at all times) and a light brown (tan) fedora. Plus a dark tan and white/black spectators. It'd totally work.

What do you mean by "cream linen shirt?" Is cream the color? Is the shirt buttoned all the way? Or is it more of a pollo?

dron

Reaction score
a little while ago i followed a link to a shoe brand site. one of the shoes (easiest to explain/remember) had punctures on the toe cap in the shape of the superman s.
what is the name of that brand?

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unkownone
What do you mean by "cream linen shirt?" Is cream the color? Is the shirt buttoned all the way? Or is it more of a pollo?

cream = color
linen = fabric material
shirt = type of garment
pollo = chicken in spanish

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wrongandright
This is gonna be a stupid question, but I'm planning on getting a custom suit made. I would like to use it for weddings, funerals, and all that stuff. Will a 1-button suit be alright for that?

Originally Posted by wrongandright
Yes, I think? Excuse my ignorance, but is there something wrong with wearing the same suit to a wedding and a funeral?
There's nothing wrong with wearing the same suit to both kinds of occasions so long as it is appropriate for both. A one-button suit is a little more distinctive than the more common two or three-button suit. If you want a suit to wear for lots of different occasions, you probably want it to be as plain as possible. In that case, when you change the shirt and tie, people are less likely to notice the suit and the fact that you've been wearing that same suit each time.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought my first pair of HB deck shoes on sale. So not returnable. When I pulled the insoles out, I noticed there was a lining of what appears to be cardboard. Is this unusual? Would I find this in other brands?

eztantz

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Hickey Freeman Presidential sizing does it compare to the Mainline Madison model or is it cut smaller?

SimonM

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me identify the shoes being worn here? I don't see it for sale at UO and their customer service hasn't written me back with any helpful info. Thanks.

dron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drøn
a little while ago i followed a link to a shoe brand site. one of the shoes (easiest to explain/remember) had punctures on the toe cap in the shape of the superman s.
what is the name of that brand?

anyone remember this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads