• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

enarchay

Reaction score
What is a decent quality messenger bag for carrying around a couple books and notebooks for college at <$150, maybe $200 tops?

enginerd917

Reaction score
What is the difference between Brooks Brothers sport shirts and dress shirts? (mainly interested in button down collars)

I didn't realize sizing was different as well, I'm wearing a 15-32 Slim fit in the Non-Iron dress shirt. Small or medium in the sport shirt slim fit?

And to add, does anyone know the measurements of Polo custom and classic fit shirts? They show the sport shirt sizing on the site (S/M/L/XL) but nothing denoting custom/classic etc...

15 and 15.5 for both if possible, or if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great as well!

mrtef3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
The khaki color is probably a better pairing with the spectators than the stone. In addition to white, you could wear a light blue shirt with the poplin suit. Some would say that spectators and a poplin suit are more costume than normal attire although I would disagree. However, if you add a big lapel pin to the mix, you give the costume people some grounds for their argument.
Thank you for your helpful response.

daruma

Reaction score
so im in korea right now and went to the textile market and they're carrying manhattan and swiss cotton. its the 1st time ive ever heard of it, anyone know what this is?

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Have you recommendations on where to buy good quality and reasonably priced jackets ("sportcoats") aside from Brooks Brothers?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jakewasthe
What is the name of this fashion (for men, obviously, but this is the best representative of what I mean)?
http://picfu.net/e398b6

I've googled "classy punk" "modern elegant punk style for men" "punk chic" "modern military layered punk style" but nothing seems to fit.

It's known as the 'ultra secret Japanese hipster". Ask around in streetwear.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jakewasthe
What is the name of this fashion (for men, obviously, but this is the best representative of what I mean)?
http://picfu.net/e398b6

I've googled "classy punk" "modern elegant punk style for men" "punk chic" "modern military layered punk style" but nothing seems to fit.

"Halloween Costume"

JAR

Reaction score
Several years ago my wife presented me with a black formal shirt (Eton) purchased from Bergdorf Goodman. Is there any occasion where one would wear a black formal shirt?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JAR
Several years ago my wife presented me with a black formal shirt (Eton) purchased from Bergdorf Goodman. Is there any occasion where one would wear a black formal shirt?
Whether you wore it with a black or ivory dinner jacket, you'd certainly be making a fashion statement.

gnumonic

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of Bill's Khakis M2s, Plain front, and absolutely love the quality/fit - but as a 20 year old I'm pretty well stocked on the grandpa gear as it is (the majority of my wardrobe is Land's End/J Press/etc.) and was wondering if anyone had any sizing/fit advice for Bill's M3 model. The M2s I have are 34, but I had the tailor take them out about 3/4 of an inch for a good fit. I'm a 35 in Uniqlo and a 34 in J Crew, but it looks like the M3s might fit a bit small in the waist/seat. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

minervau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnumonic
I recently bought a pair of Bill's Khakis M2s, Plain front, and absolutely love the quality/fit - but as a 20 year old I'm pretty well stocked on the grandpa gear as it is (the majority of my wardrobe is Land's End/J Press/etc.) and was wondering if anyone had any sizing/fit advice for Bill's M3 model. The M2s I have are 34, but I had the tailor take them out about 3/4 of an inch for a good fit. I'm a 35 in Uniqlo and a 34 in J Crew, but it looks like the M3s might fit a bit small in the waist/seat. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Hey,

Not sure if I can answer this perfectly appropriately, since we have quite different builds, but I find that the M3's are not particularly form-fitting pants. I have a 30" waist but have fairly thick thighs from doing a ton of running, and I can't really fit well into very form-fitting pants (such as some of the Mabitex chinos w/ 9.5" rises and really slim thighs that are favored on this forum). My M3's are quite comfortable on the whole, in fact they come very large when you first get them (though they do shrink significantly with a wash or two).

As for the waist and seat, I wouldn't worry too much, but I would be accurate with my sizing: it definitely has a very normal rise, and the waist size is not vanity-sized, so it's pretty much exactly what the number says (at least after shrinking in the wash). My suggestion would be to try a 35.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads