• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was actually how I originally typed it -- thought about leaving it but it didn't seem more fattening so fixed it.

Food dyslexia for the win!

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good one, Abraxix! I LOLed.

Anyone who claims that cossack flies don't exist, is gonna eat his words now! Indisputable proof is provided below.

Exhibit 1

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I loled.

Regardless, the cossack fly issue is something that only really pertains to me, but anyone can see that it's clearly a tailoring error, something which I'm not the only victim of (@arnoldpettibone and @AlexanderTG both had their fair share of issues too with their pants). I'm not the only one being screwed over by @wormwood. Any excuses he had about shipments being held up by USPS imports hold very little weight because anyone can see that he's been selling actively on grailed and his buyers have been receiving their items just fine. i guess that's because the grailed paper trail keeps him accountable around those parts, amirite? -_-;

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick but true story:

After posting the other day about how my package was supposed to have been sent on May 4 and my tracking number wasn't registering I received a PM from another SFer who said he was in a similar situation and sent me the tracking number he had . . . to see if it was the same as the one I was given.

It was.

I called Eugene on it and he quickly spun a story about how it was a copy/paste error and he was taking care of it and that that really was my tracking number and he gave the other customer the wrong one.

He then told me not to worry that he didn't send my pants to this other person because they were several sizes larger than me and that's why it had taken him a year to make that person's pants. A year!

That person still has (to my knowledge) not received their supposedly real tracking number. And yes, I was sent a picture of a receipt from CTT (Portuguese Post) with my name and address and the tracking number and I keep being told that he's "filing a claim" but I just don't believe any of it.

I really don't want to go on anymore about this as this thread should be about the clothes not the transactions. But just like we all have to deal with reviews from anywhere and anyone who we do business with I think this all needs to be put out in the open.

Now, if by some crazy coincidence both packages were lost for real then I'll eat my words (some of them) or if either one of them shows up then I'll do the same. I have a decent pair of pants out of the deal, as I've said. But the bad taste left in my mouth will linger for quite a long time indeed.

In other news, still hoping to sell that MA+ bag to some lucky person.

HMU with offers.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I'm also fairly suspicious that my second pair were constructed out of cotton canvas rather than ramie-linen, because the fabric looks the same as AlexTG's original flawed pair, and he said he ordered the 1945 cotton canvas....

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Just curious what benefit there is to having the shell on the inside. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of shell cordovan?

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing Wormwood, I can state with a great deal of confidence that it's highly unlikely that he screwed over any of you guys. There might have been flaws, certain negligence, unforeseen circumstances but not fraud. And I do believe that all this is rectifiable. Having said that, I can understand your displeasure and I can imagine my displeasure if the same thing has happened to me. However calling someone a swindler only because you suppose he has scammed you - is not right.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Knowing Wormwood, I can state with a great deal of confidence that it's highly unlikely that he screwed over any of you guys. There might have been flaws, certain negligence, unforeseen circumstances but not fraud. And I do believe that all this is rectifiable. Having said that, I can understand your displeasure and I can imagine my displeasure if the same thing has happened to me. However calling someone a swindler only because you suppose he has scammed you - is not right.

It's been a year and there have been countless lies in between. You can claim otherwise and perhaps he has done you no wrong, but he hasn't exactly proven trustworthy given his history of lying. It's not like I'm the only one saying this. You have to be really stretching to say that he's been honest and reliable.

If he wants to rectify the situation and restore his reputation, I want to see a clear timeline of how he will follow through and proof of doing so. Because as of right now, there is no merit to trusting him.

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just curious what benefit there is to having the shell on the inside. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of shell cordovan?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm assuming it's still the same with the grain side except for the look and texture. M_morias use reverse side as well and I doubt there are issues with it. But a leather expert would have a better answer on it.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a year and there have been countless lies in between. You can claim otherwise and perhaps he has done you no wrong, but he hasn't exactly proven trustworthy given his history of lying. It's not like I'm the only one saying this. You have to be really stretching to say that he's been honest and reliable.

If he wants to rectify the situation and restore his reputation, I want to see a clear timeline of how he will follow through and proof of doing so. Because as of right now, there is no merit to trusting him.

I am not saying that you should have necessarily done the same thing (you know your stuff better), BUT if I were you, I would have just have fixed that fly (and whatever else was not in order) locally and charged Wormwood the associated repair costs. But that's me.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I think I'm in the right to be miffed about paying full price for what were essentially the alpha and beta test runs of wormwood's business. This is not an issue with some minor improvement in quality. I basically paid to fund wormwood's R&D, and you expect me to write it off as the risk of MTM for a pair of pants that cost half a grand? If you're charging half a grand and think your time is worth at least $14 USD/hr, you shouldn't be making tailoring mistakes that wouldn't even be found in a Bangladesh sweatshop. Also serious about questioning the fabric. It looks identical to AlexTG's cotton canvas.

edit:

LL

AlexTG and I had the same issues with our original pairs. Is that worth $500+ to you and something that can be written off as MTM risk, @Jbravo?

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, it is difficult for me to give a precise and definite answer. I am not an expert, let alone I cannot judge by that photo. All I can say is that something is really wrong there. This could me the issue of missizing, but could be a flaw in design/pattern making/tailoring also. There are people in this forum who make clothes professionally (or semi-professionally) - I think they will be better judges than me. The fabric looks awesome btw.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
That's a picture of AlexTG's original pair, which is in 1945 cotton canvas. I couldn't button up my original pair because it was patterned for a 44, not a 46. However, the fly issue that I mentioned in my original post is explaining exactly what is going on in that picture. AFAIK, AlexTG had no issues with sizing on his original pair. However, my second issue is that the fabric on my CURRENT pair (the zig-zag fly pants) looks exactly the same as AlexTG's original pair, even though I ordered a linen-ramie fabric. Who knows, maybe I'm just imagining it. I don't doubt that I've gotten very distrustful of anything that wormwood claims after this whole ordeal.

Last edited:

ClambakeSkate

Reaction score
Is this thread named:

Hobbyists Who Have Over The Last Few Years Bought And Sold Uncountable Carpe Diem Items Who One Day Decided They Would Try To Replicate Them With Little To No Prior Experience In Patternmaking Or Sewing Then Sell Them To Unsuspecting Members Of One Or Perhaps Several Mens Online Fashion Forums Who Would In Turn Be Very Disappointed By The Product

?????

No?

I didn't think so.

Fakers can't fake it for very long. Stay in your corner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads