• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ari Gold Blue Double Breasted Suit on Last Night's Entrourage

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
David Reeves 2009......

Actually though his looks more inky. I think its Loro Piana cotton from the mare book. I think I will get one of those next summer in an SB. Being a pasty northerner its hard for me to wear most summer suit colors especially creams and beiges.

david what shade of blue would you call ari's suit vs your suit?

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

david what shade of blue would you call ari's suit vs your suit?
I think mine is more cobalt its got a bit of grey in there. His is more ink its a blue with a touch of red. A lot of cloth books have this kind of color now. Its hard to grasp colors on pictures with cloth though.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a suit in H. Lesser tropical which is that sort of blue, perhaps a touch darker (Reference no. 30322). Will post some pics later.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by it? I thought the fit was just too D&G tight. A top agent would have a much better fit. The shirt and tie combo and that massive knot are :fu:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by it? I thought the fit was just too D&G tight. A top agent would have a much better fit. The shirt and tie combo and that massive knot are :fu:

+1. As I said at the start of this thread the dude always looks like a button is about to pop off.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't watch the shoe but from the picture I don't think he has the frame to pull off that DB.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huge +1. Not a fan of the cut and fit of the suit at all. The shirt/tie/ps combo is pretty hideous, especially the tie. This is also pretty a pretty damn awful suit/fit/shirt/tie/ps.
I guess DB is making a comeback at least on HBO shows

True blood

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads