• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you good at languages?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fluently speak two total. Neither will be useful when China takes our the world.

Pinhas

Reaction score
Fluent in English, Russian and Hebrew. Used to know a bit of Arabic but forgot most of it by now.

Really want to learn Spanish, French, German, Italian and Latin; Rosetta Stone is what Id use if Ill ever go for it..

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i speak a little spanish, used to speak a lot more. then i learned italian. completely f*cked my spanish ... and now that I haven't practiced in a couple of years ... my Italian, too. they're very similar, but inverted in some ways ... i start speaking spanish and realize i'm using spanish nouns and verbs but italian pronouns.
ffffuuuu.gif

That happened to me too, sort of. At home and with friends I speak mostly French, and I have always worked with Italian immigrants so we speak mostly Italian at work, a little French. I never have trouble switching between Italian and French. Then I lived in Mexico for a while and learned Spanish but then I couldn't speak Italian any more. Now I'm back in Italian and can't get Spanish out straight. I took several years of Russian and used to go frequently so could hold a decent conversation but I've forgotten most of it now.

royalemint

Reaction score
Fluent in English, Indonesian, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Took 8 years of Japanese, managed to be able to speak without thinking, but kinda lost it after I stop speaking it for a while. The weird thing is, I could watch Japanese drama and news with no subtitle and understand them 100%, but sometimes it takes a long time for me to reply to a question. My Japanese would get really rusty that my Japanese friends starts laughing at me.

niklan

Reaction score
I'm fluent in Swedish & Serbian, to bad they are small languages
facepalm.gif
I'd like to think that I know some english to, just have a lousy accent
(something like this: ). Did study some spanish & italian a couple of years...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell