• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But can I wear them with a RLBL suit?

Clay Easton

Reaction score
Stacy Adams are perfect shoes if you are trying to look like a street pimp.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Given that the AE Broadstreet (pictured earlier in the thread) has been discontinued, your quality options (for a moderate price) would be the AE McClain (I think it's available in B&W), and the various spectators offered by Herring Shoes. C&J and EG make lovely spectators anyone would be proud to own, but the price is another matter.

Geoff

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At one time SA was a high end shoe. This is a well made pair of specs . Most of young white guys know nothing about the history of SA shoes.
confused.gif
Pimps don't wear SA, but many church attending men still wear SA.
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1242884748

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty

At one time SA was a high end shoe. This is a well made pair of specs . Most of young white guys know nothing about the history of SA shoes.
confused.gif
Pimps don't wear SA, but many church attending men still wear SA.
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1242884748

Mr. Monty, you are absolutely correct. I did a little digging online and read up on the company's past. It was founded in 1875 by two men with the last names Stacy and Adams (while most young "wiggers" would think Stacy Adams is the first and last name of a woman!) but, unfortunately (well, unfortunately for me and some people, anyways), SA now focuses mostly on hip-hop influenced designs and caters towards the younger hip-hop crowd (hence, the street pimp references).

Such a shame, actually.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Robert Wayne shoes myself
peepwall[1].gif

Clay Easton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
Mr. Monty, you are absolutely correct. I did a little digging online and read up on the company's past. It was founded in 1875 by two men with the last names Stacy and Adams (while most young "wiggers" would think Stacy Adams is the first and last name of a woman!) but, unfortunately (well, unfortunately for me and some people, anyways), SA now focuses mostly on hip-hop influenced designs and caters towards the younger hip-hop crowd (hence, the street pimp references).

Such a shame, actually.

Keep telling yourself that, you might actually convince yourself.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clay Easton
Keep telling yourself that, you might actually convince yourself.

Chicago pimps wear gators. SA doesn't make real alligator shoes.
Checkout the gators on your homeboy from Chicago
sneaky2.gif

Bishop Don Juan wouldn't be caught dead wear SA
cheers.gif

dodncutjuansplash.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Stacys as they used to be....c 1930s and in kangaroo no less!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290316960451

The good thing about SA is that they still make this model, though not in this skin.

It is called the Madison. Here it is in black.

SA's contemporary styles are not for this forum, but the Madison is simply one very old model that they never stopped making. The last is long and elegant, just as shoes were a century ago. Allen-Edmonds looks clunky in comparison.

SA shoes used to be made in the US, but are now made in India. Not sure what this has done to the quality, if anything.

But the SA Madisons from a decade ago, such as I have, take polish well and wear well too.

Nexus6

Reaction score
SA 'Madison Boot is a nice looking boot.
Can't beat the price too.

Question:
Who sells SA in Toronto, Canada?
Locations please? (especially downtown)

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath

Try these:​

I have pairs in both black and brown. For the money, they look and wear swell.​

Those shoes are from Botany 500.

Botany 500? They're still around? I'm from Canada so I wouldn't know too much about Botany 500 . . . but . . . what I do know about Botany 500 is that they supplied Bob Barker's Price Is Right wardrobe and they also supplied Lyle Waggoner's wardrobe for his role as Col. Steve Trever on the Wonder Woman TV series. (I always read the credits whether it be a TV show or a movie.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads