• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's only $80, so I wouldn't be too worried
smile.gif

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley

smile.gif

That's true but, still, I don't want crap shoes on my feet. I just re-read osme of the reviews from that online store and one customer said that after one night of dancing in those shoes, the white leather began to crack.

Here's the customer's review (copied and pasted):

2005-06-07 14:35:22 Stacy Adams Dayton - Wingtip
Reviewer: Jamich from Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Shoe Size: Felt true to size
Shoe Width: Felt true to width
Shoe Arch: Excellent arch support

Great shoe, not for dancing. I bought this shoe to wear to my wedding. I wore them around the office for a couple of days to break them in. However, I found that I didn't really need to. They were surprisingly comfortable right out of the box. The only bad thing I found was that after one night of dancing, the white leather has already begun to crack. I had hoped to be able to incorporate these shoes into my wardrobe (I teach at a college and the students ohhhed and ahhh-ed over them). Unfortunately, the cracks will prevent me from doing so.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley

smile.gif

It's $81 USD but I live in Canada. After paying duties and customs and shipping and after currency conversion, it's going to cost me anywhere from $125 to about $140 or so.

But I like your $81 figure much better.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

they might look good with a zoot suit.

OMFG, what have I done?! What have I gotten into by ordering these cheap crappy shoes?!

If only I was able to find Allen-Edmonds spectators:

2878270240102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
laugh.gif
Haha! I love it. One of the greatest of all time!!! Did you know a lot of quotes from W.W.A.T.C.F. were actually quotes from Shakespeare?! That particular one was taken from Oscar Wilde though.

High^5
smile.gif
ok the Shakespeare, yes. The Oscar Wilde reference, no I did not know that, thanks for sharing
wink.gif
Interesting that Wilder quoted Wilde. Cheers mate.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
Here is the link to the pair I bought:

http://canada.zappos.com/n/p/dp/232223/c/61337.html

I was also thinking of buying this other pair from a different online store:

http://www.shoebuy.com/stacy-adams-yuri-24405/294631

The ones you bought, I mean have fun in them!
That is what it is all about, after comfort.

The second pair you linked to, I would avoid a Square toe altogether,
although the colours are ok.

Maybe check out Doc Martens.
They used to make a Spectator, and those chunky rubber soles last a good long time,
if you don't mind the look of them.

I'll snap some shots of my older Stacey Adams....be right back...

ok these are an older model. I have no information about when they were made.
Anyway, they are the only Stacey Adams I own and I rather like the look for what it is.
Certainly 99.9% of SF'ers will not even consider these 'entry level', but I'll wear them this summer anyway...I am counting on the fact that 99% of people on the street won't know the difference
wink.gif

Enjoy your new purchase. Heck you only live once.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
It's $81 USD but I live in Canada. After paying duties and customs and shipping and after currency conversion, it's going to cost me anywhere from $125 to about $140 or so.

But I like your $81 figure much better.

I've 'wasted' far more money than that on items I wouldn't be seen dead in now, as have many SFers I think. At least you can get some money back if you refund them if they do indeed turn out as rubbish as we all think they could be. C'est la vie.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
the reviews are funny. how could anyone like these shoes??
I'll tell you why..and to be clear, I discuss Spectators (not Stacey Adams in particular) You'll find than when you tire of main-stays, the Spectator will start to appeal to you. You'll also be ready for more aggresively-patterned clothes. Give it time, you'll seeeee. When you're younger, you may possibly reject older men's styles. When you are older (or matured), you start to see the genius of it. Looking back you'll see how we all got ripped off playing the Trend Game. 'Flash-Over-Substance' gives way to 'Studied and Enduring'. It is not about getting older. It is about consciousness and living life better. It is tribute to tradition, while searching for the new. And it is also about having fun and being youthful, without pursuing vanity. Frivoloty gives way to discipline in decision-making. A youth -or- novice understands little-to-nothing about clothing & style. With experience, you'll may be able to guage a mans' income by the clothes he wears. Then again, if he really knows what he is doing, he'll blend in with everyone else, making him hard to spot, only his clothes will be of the highest qualities. His 'look' is just 'that little bit better' than others around him. Clothing and style are languages that few people speak well.
wink.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
the reviews are funny. how could anyone like these shoes??
I saw them in Nordstrom's a few years ago, and was very surprised to see them there. The quality and style of the shoes were awful.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay

I saw them in Nordstrom's a few years ago, and was very surprised to see them there. The quality and style of the shoes were awful.

Nordstrom's? Now I have NO idea what to think!

Hell, you know what? I think I'm going to return them. It was obviously a mistake to order them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads