• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by piercehan
anyone know if long term use of this will soften the fabric a bit?

thanks

Yes, it will soften. It is technically a coated denim, so it will soften up and mold to your body as you wear it in.

Cheers,

Fok.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beautiful ... i just got it today and im in love with it ... now that i know it will soften and mold this will be the fav thing in my closet next to my apcs

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup
Well I endup ordering one for my best friend as his xmas gift. Hopefully it will fit...he's between a xs and small.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yay best xmas gift ever thanks duy
smile.gif
yeh i may need a XS. i live in new orleans and its always hot down here, i'll be wearing this as a shirt. i wear a small in everything pretty much, american apparel and jcrew items fit me perfectly in a small. i got a small, hopefully it fits well.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
yay best xmas gift ever thanks duy
smile.gif

yeh i may need a XS. i live in new orleans and its always hot down here, i'll be wearing this as a shirt. i wear a small in everything pretty much, american apparel and jcrew items fit me perfectly in a small. i got a small, hopefully it fits well.

I don't think the XS would work for you. I can wear an XS in J. Crew, but I ordered the small in this and fits me perfectly. I think the XS would probably be either too tight in the chest or too short on you if you can fit comfortably in a J. Crew small.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people got their shirts last night, its more than enough time for fit pics. Lets go people!

reprehensible

Reaction score
I got an XL in the mail today. Nice shirt. The stiffness makes it look slightly odd right now, I think.

The perspective makes me look strangely short and dumpy. Not a lot of room to work with inside, though.

I'm 6'2" 190-ish. The XL fits perfect on the shoulders, and has plenty of room in the body without being loose or billowy (it looks tight across the bottom third in the picture, but it isn't; that's just the way the fabric is right now).

Love the design and materials.

EDIT: picture removed to avoid burning anyone else's eyes. Much better picture posted on the next page.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jimmyc is one of my favorite posters on SuFu. I must admit though I'm not really into this shirt at all.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea so far i've noticed besides the context model. everyone who posted a fit pic the sleeves look really wide i mean the whole sleeve. that look works for those people but it doesn't work for me since i'm tiny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads