• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis Activism

cMXR

Reaction score
Picked up the USMC jacket last year and Forest Chambray awhile back. Overall very nice fit/construction considering I'm fairly slim. I'm a fan of the brand
laugh.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apolis was one of the first SF-approved brands I latched on to. I've got a waxed cotton jacket from F/W 08 that I'm still quite fond of. I've been less impressed with their offerings over the past few seasons. Perhaps it's a case of less patience for the Americana-influenced stuff, but most of Apolis' recent collections seem either over-designed or bland.

A lot of people around here got soured on the brand because of the controversy over that Filson bag.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really impressed with this brand. It is not easy to simultaneously be more boring AND more expensive than J Crew.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
What is going on with the inseam length of AA's pants? 31.5" is way too short any one 6' and above. I would like a pair but can't even consider that length.

The summer pants are meant to be worn cropped. Shea Parton is 6'2" or so, so it's not like they don't know.

Natan, be careful man. If Whodini can intimidate you with a belt, I think that either Parton brother would be able to crush you by **** choke. Completely unrelated, "nearly met Wayne Coyne" could have been "met Wayne, chilled a little."

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not too excited about their current collection, but last season was fantastic.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
The summer pants are meant to be worn cropped. Shea Parton is 6'2" or so, so it's not like they don't know.

Natan, be careful man. If Whodini can intimidate you with a belt, I think that either Parton brother would be able to crush you by **** choke. Completely unrelated, "nearly met Wayne Coyne" could have been "met Wayne, chilled a little."

I fully acknowledge that I am a a sissy. Whodini is a sociopath regardless.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I noticed it appears the brand has truncated the "Activism" portion of its name. That's an interesting modification given some of the happenings with them over the last year.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
I noticed that as well. Also, they just released this gem:
pat-jckt-frnt-1.jpg
Yes, it's a normal Patagonia jacket (made in China) w/ a red stitched cross on the yoke. The stitching is worth a $30 premium.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I fully acknowledge that I am a a sissy. Whodini is a sociopath regardless.
Finally, I have a diagnosis. Lack of empathy, inability to control anger, aggressive, promiscuous, and violates the boundaries of others! Not to mention being whip smart, eh, Natan?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought some of their v-neck tees (a bundle of 3 for $99). Made in the USA and incredibly soft - very happy indeed.

I have 4 pairs of their Utility trousers (in Indigo, Earth and Navy) which I love and are incredibly durable - I wear the Navy and Indigo literally all the time.

Have a few of the Oxfords which are also incredible - very well made.

It's a shame but their FW'10 collection seemed a bit crap overall... the Utility Shirts in Navy, Charcoal and Khaki (which looked great) never seemed to materialize and instead of the Utility trouser the introduced the Service Pant. I bought a pair of these pants and hated the cut so I had to return. They just looked way to baggy, had a length of 36" (???) and were about 2"+ too large in the waist (so instead of a 36 I would have been a 33 or 34). Just seemed strange to release a trouser which was, although obviously made well, completely ill fitting.

Going to be interesting to see what happens in SS'11...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads