1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Apolis Activism

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by savage, Jul 14, 2007.

1. JRyder

JRyder Well-Known Member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    What is going on with the inseam length of AA's pants? 31.5" is way too short any one 6' and above. I would like a pair but can't even consider that length.

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

I'm really impressed with this brand. It is not easy to simultaneously be more boring AND more expensive than J Crew.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

What is going on with the inseam length of AA's pants? 31.5" is way too short any one 6' and above. I would like a pair but can't even consider that length.

The summer pants are meant to be worn cropped. Shea Parton is 6'2" or so, so it's not like they don't know.

Natan, be careful man. If Whodini can intimidate you with a belt, I think that either Parton brother would be able to crush you by rape choke. Completely unrelated, "nearly met Wayne Coyne" could have been "met Wayne, chilled a little."

4. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

I'm not too excited about their current collection, but last season was fantastic.

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

The summer pants are meant to be worn cropped. Shea Parton is 6'2" or so, so it's not like they don't know.

Natan, be careful man. If Whodini can intimidate you with a belt, I think that either Parton brother would be able to crush you by rape choke. Completely unrelated, "nearly met Wayne Coyne" could have been "met Wayne, chilled a little."

I fully acknowledge that I am a a sissy. Whodini is a sociopath regardless.

6. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I noticed it appears the brand has truncated the "Activism" portion of its name. That's an interesting modification given some of the happenings with them over the last year.

7. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well. Also, they just released this gem: [​IMG] Yes, it's a normal Patagonia jacket (made in China) w/ a red stitched cross on the yoke. The stitching is worth a $30 premium.

8. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I fully acknowledge that I am a a sissy. Whodini is a sociopath regardless.
    Finally, I have a diagnosis. Lack of empathy, inability to control anger, aggressive, promiscuous, and violates the boundaries of others! Not to mention being whip smart, eh, Natan?

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

I bought some of their v-neck tees (a bundle of 3 for $99). Made in the USA and incredibly soft - very happy indeed.

I have 4 pairs of their Utility trousers (in Indigo, Earth and Navy) which I love and are incredibly durable - I wear the Navy and Indigo literally all the time.

Have a few of the Oxfords which are also incredible - very well made.

It's a shame but their FW'10 collection seemed a bit crap overall... the Utility Shirts in Navy, Charcoal and Khaki (which looked great) never seemed to materialize and instead of the Utility trouser the introduced the Service Pant. I bought a pair of these pants and hated the cut so I had to return. They just looked way to baggy, had a length of 36" (???) and were about 2"+ too large in the waist (so instead of a 36 I would have been a 33 or 34). Just seemed strange to release a trouser which was, although obviously made well, completely ill fitting.

Going to be interesting to see what happens in SS'11...

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

nice to see that the filson 256 is back in stock.

11. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

I bought some of their v-neck tees (a bundle of 3 for $99). Made in the USA and incredibly soft - very happy indeed.

I have 4 pairs of their Utility trousers (in Indigo, Earth and Navy) which I love and are incredibly durable - I wear the Navy and Indigo literally all the time.

Have a few of the Oxfords which are also incredible - very well made.

It's a shame but their FW'10 collection seemed a bit crap overall... the Utility Shirts in Navy, Charcoal and Khaki (which looked great) never seemed to materialize and instead of the Utility trouser the introduced the Service Pant. I bought a pair of these pants and hated the cut so I had to return. They just looked way to baggy, had a length of 36" (???) and were about 2"+ too large in the waist (so instead of a 36 I would have been a 33 or 34). Just seemed strange to release a trouser which was, although obviously made well, completely ill fitting.

Going to be interesting to see what happens in SS'11...

So all in all are their chinos cut a bit bigger? Been on the fence on a pir for a while, but wasn't sure about the cut.

12. hoit1981

I'm the same way - don't normally go for Chinos and don't own any from Apolis. I would also be interested in the fit and construction.

13. praxis

praxis Member

WTB Apolis Activism Nepal Cashmere Scarf, preferably in grey, but black might be acceptable.
    willing to pay a good amount, must be in good enough condition, no stains, etc. PM me, thanks

--

14. Spencer

WTB Apolis Activism Nepal Cashmere Scarf, preferably in grey, but black might be acceptable.
    willing to pay a good amount, must be in good enough condition, no stains, etc. PM me, thanks

--

Damn, I have one but it has breast milk all over it.

15. hoit1981

--

I've got an Apolis cashmere sweater I've been trying to sell both here and on eBay. You could buy that, cut it up and then make several scarves... [​IMG]

16. praxis

praxis Member

Damn, I have one but it has breast milk all over it.

that might up the value for some.
    not for me.

17. Spencer

that might up the value for some.
    not for me.

Ehh to each their own.

FWIW, there was an Apolis free shipping email/coupon out today, contact them direct, they are very responsive and helpful over there.

18. praxis

praxis Member

ah yes. actually, I'm currently interning with Apolis, kind of how I discovered styleforum. and they don't have any more scarves in existence (sigh). indeed, they are some great gents.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

by any chance can you still find the filson x AA bag anywhere? would appreciate some direction if available! [​IMG]

20. justchillaxing

justchillaxing Well-Known Member