• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody Been Bitten by a Dog Lately?

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got bit in the hamstring by a small pincher last Thursday. Felt like little needles penetrating the skin.
Site swelled up quite a bit. fn hurt actually.

dl

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Disappointed nobody is saying pics or it didn't happen, the battle scars are pretty cool..

Glad you're ok. Post pics or didn't happen

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
County apparently only has records if we know the rabies tag number. Weird I know, but that's why they have to go the quarantine route.

Is the quarantine over, and if so, did the dog turn out to be rabies-free? Hopefully if the dog is back home, it's no longer roaming freely.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brlfvr
My douchebag neighbor lets his pit bull roam out front when he is cutting his grass. My concern is a little kid walking by. I've already seen him go after another dog.

When I run in town, there's a house about 4 or 5 blocks from mine where the people do the same thing, but they have a great dane and a boxer. We running by there the other day and the idiot was cutting his grass not even watching. The dogs spotted me and were watching the whole time. Had they bolted, they would have been on me and the moran cutting his grass never would have known.. I have come to the conclusion that 3 or 4 in 10 dog owners should be euthanized..

Originally Posted by JayJay
Is the quarantine over, and if so, did the dog turn out to be rabies-free? Hopefully if the dog is back home, it's no longer roaming freely.

Not yet, another 5 days or so. The dog is still at the guy's house, and I saw it Saturday, bouncing around, playing with some 8 or 9 year old kids..
ffffuuuu.gif

It didn't appear sick, which was reassuring, but WTF? It just bit a guy and it was outside playing unattended with children?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Was bitten again by my friend last night. Even worse than a few weeks ago. She broke the skin. Arms are a little swollen, a few nice teeth shaped bruises. Should I go get tetanus shots?
smile.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have noticed this as well, they just don't give a ****. Like I said above, I am not the suing type, and the guy really did seem very upset that this all happened, so I'll collect some positive kharma from saying *******, and move on with life.
Always liked you, but I gotta say: respect. ~ H

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
guys you are thinking way too small,dont sue the dog owner...SUE APPLE for creating the ipod in the first place,if they hadnt made it you wouldnt have gotten bit.
(buy own park to jog in with proceeds)
case closed.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The people have spoken:

bite.jpg

I like you too, but not enough to want to see your thigh.
laugh.gif

Damn though, it does look like a skull. That is a bad omen according to the practice of divination.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I like you too, but not enough to want to see your thigh.
laugh.gif

Damn though, it does look like a skull. That is a bad omen according to the practice of divination.

Gee thanks g33k, I appreciate your optimism..
laugh.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It kind of looks like the skull of
ffffuuuu.gif
never been bitten myself, but I've had to protect a couple dogs from other dogs, usually off-leash. I don't know if it's a smart way to do it, but I learned to teach snarling dogs by grabbing over their snout and pushing their lips under their teeth, usually stops them. Of course that is not if they are actually trying to bite you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads