• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any clothing you tend to stay far away from?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
how nice, a thread for noobs by noobs

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stay away from shirts. Just no need for them when you are running from the cops. Damn cops.

I haven't thought too hard about the fisting thing, but pretty sure I wouldn't like that either.

J.B

Reaction score
a5u9umu5.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
you don't know what you're missing out on

next fit will incorporate top hat

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
satin silk i presume, and agree

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to stay away from cocktail dresses and spike heeled shoes. They don't look so good with my hairy arms and legs.

Last edited:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skinny, slim jeans. They look like leggings on me. More than 30 years of exercising (no way weightlifting, bodybuilding etc, just real sports) left their marks on my thighs and calves.

I can't wait until the skinny-jean-hype is over. It pisses me off so badly that the most well made jeans are skinny or slim.

If you got big legs you will look great in slim straight jeans aka Levis 514.

Hate to break you the news, skinny jeans is here to stay, it's not a fad or a phase. It's been here for years now and growing.

It's for thin people that got sick of the baggy look. No need to hide thin legs because so much denim fabric.

Peace. :slayer:

Andreas1965

Reaction score
If you got big legs you will look great in slim straight jeans aka Levis 514.

Hate to break you the news, skinny jeans is here to stay, it's not a fad or a phase. It's been here for years now and growing.

It's for thin people that got sick of the baggy look. No need to hide thin legs because so much denim fabric.

Peace.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Problem is, with calves like mine (semi-pro bicycle racer, sprinter-type) when I sit down, these slim jeans go up my leg, then, when standing up, they won't slide down on their own, making me look like wearing a knickerbocker.

And I hate hate hate hate hate jeans that don't let you sit down comfortably.

Thank god there's the Edwin Nashville jeans. Until now the only quality selvage jeans tailored for muscular people. Lee 101Z is ok, too.

Tried Levi's 508, Thighs ok, but ridiculously narrow in the calves area. Levi's 514? Are you kidding? I can manage to pull this one up to mid-thigh area, then it's over. Remember, these jeans are called SLIM-straight.

I have a 32 or 31 waist, please, I'm no way fat or something. Just big sprinter legs. And looking around, there are so many men doing sports, there must be some need for quality selvage that is not skinny or slim cut. Not every male is an 18 year old anorexic.

Furthermore, my excursions to various parts of the world clearly show the fact, that skinny jeans are not for everyone. I saw way too many fat females pressed into skinny jeans. I don't want that. It's evil.

Last edited:

J.B

Reaction score
Try Joe's jeans in their classic cut. Those seem to be a decent compromise between skinny and comfortable.

I agree that skinny is here to stay. Why would a manufacturer push jeans that cost the same but require more material to make?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Try Joe's jeans in their classic cut. Those seem to be a decent compromise between skinny and comfortable.

I agree that skinny is here to stay. Why would a manufacturer push jeans that cost the same but require more material to make?

Seriously? The difference in the amount of material used going up 2 sizes is greater than the amount of material needed to make jeans slightly tighter or slightly looser. And it's not like denim is very expensive material. The most expensive denim that you can buy is about $25/yard. Denim for something like Joe's jeans is maybe $3/yard, tops. It's not, by far, the most significant cost. Good suiting fabrics easily goes for several times more than that.

If you want roomy jeans that are high quality (though not by far the highest), try Jean Shop.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Problem is, with calves like mine (semi-pro bicycle racer, sprinter-type) when I sit down, these slim jeans go up my leg, then, when standing up, they won't slide down on their own, making me look like wearing a knickerbocker.

And I hate hate hate hate hate jeans that don't let you sit down comfortably. 

Thank god there's the Edwin Nashville jeans. Until now the only quality selvage jeans tailored for muscular people. Lee 101Z is ok, too.

Tried Levi's 508, Thighs ok, but ridiculously narrow in the calves area. Levi's 514? Are you kidding? I can manage to pull this one up to mid-thigh area, then it's over. Remember, these jeans are called SLIM-straight.

I have a 32 or 31 waist, please, I'm no way fat or something. Just big sprinter legs. And looking around, there are so many men doing sports, there must be some need for quality selvage that is not skinny or slim cut. Not every male is an 18 year old anorexic. 

Furthermore, my excursions to various parts of the world clearly show the fact, that skinny jeans are not for everyone. I saw way too many fat females pressed into skinny jeans. I don't want that. It's evil.

Have you tried spandex? :foo:

bings

Reaction score
glad to see so many opposed to overbranding. I agree 100%. as far as i'm concerned if i'm going to advertise for DKNY ot Hugo Boss they can pay to put their clothing on me, not vice versa.

only exception to that is branded corporate clothing, especially if you own your own company(ies), then... brand big and brand hard.

beyond that; i stay away from scratchy wool, boring socks, ill-fitting expensive denim, watches that are not swiss autos, and anything priced at full retail :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads