• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

hysteria

Reaction score
Been a while since any postings here, so I thought I'd share my latest commission. I've wanted a pair of monks for a long time but held off for one reason or another. Finally pulled the trigger on this with AM earlier this year. Decided to go the MTO route and opt for the aurum round last since I prefer monks with a more almond toe, but still needed it to fit close to the C4 last which was my first order with him. According to AM, C4 and aurum round are very similar and in my experience this has held true.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the fit and finish and don't see any reason to comission other monks in the future.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could use help regering sizing from you fine gentlemen. I'm mostly a size UK7,5 standard width across the board with all usual suspects. With Vass, I'm a size EU41,5 on the U last and size EU41 on the F/R last. With GG, I have to size up to UK8, but the fit isn't ideal.

Any ideas what I would require for AM on the C2 last? Concensus seems to be 0,5 sup to UK8 but wanted to ask just in case. Thanks.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Generally speaking I would take AM in EG/GG size. Your Vass size makes me hesitate though, I would have thought if you’re EU41 in F your typical UK size would be 7 (typical as in CJ size) rather than 7.5.

For example I’m usually 8.5 UK (basically most of the CJ) standard width, 42.5 EU in Vass F (U is too narrow in toe, upsize too long), in EG and AM i’m UK9, GG is UK9 on MH71 and maybe KN14 rest GG are too narrow.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking I would take AM in EG/GG size. Your Vass size makes me hesitate though, I would have thought if you’re EU41 in F your typical UK size would be 7 (typical as in CJ size) rather than 7.5.

For example I’m usually 8.5 UK (basically most of the CJ) standard width, 42.5 EU in Vass F (U is too narrow in toe, upsize too long), in EG and AM i’m UK9, GG is UK9 on MH71 and maybe KN14 rest GG are too narrow.
Thanks. Appreciate the effort. I'm a size UK7 with Bestetti's 1967 (?) last 😂

Generally though regarding GG/EG, I'd say they aren't an ideal fit, hence why I size up (width issues with UK7,5). Same issue with Carmina's Simpson last. I'm generally a size UK7,5 but need to size up to UK8 for that specific last due to it being too narrow. But it's not a good fit at all.

ajay199127

Reaction score
I could use help regering sizing from you fine gentlemen. I'm mostly a size UK7,5 standard width across the board with all usual suspects. With Vass, I'm a size EU41,5 on the U last and size EU41 on the F/R last. With GG, I have to size up to UK8, but the fit isn't ideal.

Any ideas what I would require for AM on the C2 last? Concensus seems to be 0,5 sup to UK8 but wanted to ask just in case. Thanks.
Let me assist you my friend, since my first pair of AM was from you.

Go for uk7.5 in c2, but I can assure that you’ll like the c3 even better and I’d fit you well too.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me assist you my friend, since my first pair of AM was from you.

Go for uk7.5 in c2, but I can assure that you’ll like the c3 even better and I’d fit you well too.
Appreciate it, mate. I even forgot I've owned a pair, lol. That one was on the soft square, correct? Model was called Birch by The Sabot if I'm not mistaken. Do you take the same size for both the soft square and C2/3 model?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find soft square narrower than C2 in same size
Interesting. To such degree that you have to size differently? If so, how about length? Does it become an issue with the larger size C2 or is the length about the same while still sizing up 0,5?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. To such degree that you have to size differently? If so, how about length? Does it become an issue with the larger size C2 or is the length about the same while still sizing up 0,5?
It’s mostly length difference. C2 is ballpark a quarter size longer than soft square in the same size. Not enough to take a different size but enough that if soft square was a little snug it’ll provide some relief. C3 and C4 are allegedly about a half size longer than soft square but sizing down half didn’t work great for me and I needed to do a little stretching.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I took UK 9F (i.e. wide) in soft square instead of 9E (normal width) in C2/C3, 9F soft square's heel is a bit wider than I need but never tried 9E or 9.5E Soft square to see if the other were better fit.

if you have width in general I would just stick with C2/C3 (no experience with C4 but think C3/C4 fits similar)?

ajay199127

Reaction score
Appreciate it, mate. I even forgot I've owned a pair, lol. That one was on the soft square, correct? Model was called Birch by The Sabot if I'm not mistaken. Do you take the same size for both the soft square and C2/3 model?
I never took the c2 & ss wasn’t a good fit for me. The instep was very high.

Whilst the c3 in uk7.5 fit me excellent. C3 has a lower instep, wider toe and a narrow heel.

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Received a nice package from AM today. Argentum RTW Optio boot in Cafe Tostato on the Chisel 2 (shown next to Dover on the 606 for fun):

2DC63FF6-ECEC-48D1-8E2A-D18ADDD386A4.jpeg

ADEC2D51-C709-4D3F-A1D6-508EBCD21981.jpeg

PGS

Reaction score
Some of you have mentioned getting a particular (half) insole directly from AM to fill up extra volume. He mentioned this option to me, but it's apparently over 60 EUR to ship the insoles to the US, just the same as if it were a pair of shoes. Is that really the price that others here have paid for this? Seems crazy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo