• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

nmiller08

Reaction score
Any frequent AM wearers here who can give sizing input? Yes, I know it's personal and I won't know until I try them, haha, but looking at a first pair of AM in the round Argentum last.

My most-used lasts are EG in 82 and 202. I'm a 7.5E in 82, and a 7.5D in 202 ... I have a pretty narrow foot with a high arch. Just looking for additional data points from a user with similar EG sizing. Using the AM measuring page and looking at their sizing comparisons I'm thinking 7.5D would be best.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Any frequent AM wearers here who can give sizing input? Yes, I know it's personal and I won't know until I try them, haha, but looking at a first pair of AM in the round Argentum last.

My most-used lasts are EG in 82 and 202. I'm a 7.5E in 82, and a 7.5D in 202 ... I have a pretty narrow foot with a high arch. Just looking for additional data points from a user with similar EG sizing. Using the AM measuring page and looking at their sizing comparisons I'm thinking 7.5D would be best.

Just pick 7.5E for round, and get a pair of RTW as your first pair / wearable fitting pair.

FYI, I wear AM 7.5 for Argentum Round, EG 7.5 for 202E (just right) 82E (slight heel slip on Clapham, perfect on Camden), JL 6.5EE/7E for last 7000, GG 7.5E for GG06 (instep too low)

Rationale: you will inevitably go modified last at some point, and there is not much to gain from going 7.5D for a first pair

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
As 2022 is “coming to an end” in an MTO sense, may I take the rather bold initiative in proposing a 2023 AM Aurum GMTO? 😏

F85696C1-90D8-4A75-9767-53F309499695.png B7B90745-4F9D-40FA-A319-12D6D50B8412.png

I came across this pair by Marol (Koji Endo), and became deeply intrigued. I believe cordovan is intrinsically a “country” leather which pairs perfectly with AM’s expertise in making shoes with such flair.

Model: as pictured, 5-eyelet captoe oxford with seamless heel - sorry, no swan neck as this is not EG

Leather: dark cognac (patina) Horween shell cordovan

Last: Argentum Round

Construction: Handwelted

Sole: Single leather, dark brown edge, natural colour bottom, handsewn outsole 9 spi with heavy fudging (for the right “flavour”), slight bevelled waist, slightly tapered heel

===
After the COVID changes - and a Tirolese year of 2022 - the new normal demands subtle shoes that are versatile, fitting to occasions but refuse to conform.

For your kind comment and consideration please.:D

mdjd

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm sure it's been asked and answered several times, but this thread is 859 pages and I have to work to make the money to buy the shoes.

How do you actually buy shoes from AM? Their website is... abstract. I see some pairs that seem to be RTW and available, but most of them seem to be offering patina or other services without much clarity.

Is ordering best done by email?
Is there a list of the models and the differences between them?

If this has been answered before, I'd be grateful if you could point me to it. Thanks!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm sure it's been asked and answered several times, but this thread is 859 pages and I have to work to make the money to buy the shoes.

How do you actually buy shoes from AM? Their website is... abstract. I see some pairs that seem to be RTW and available, but most of them seem to be offering patina or other services without much clarity.

Is ordering best done by email?
Is there a list of the models and the differences between them?

If this has been answered before, I'd be grateful if you could point me to it. Thanks!
Most RTW is here. Pretty straight forward. Click on the shoe, select your size - It’ll say in stock if it’s in stock and will tell you it’s a wait if it isn’t. If it’s patina service select what color you want. Add toe plates or trees if wanted and add to cart.

MTO is here. Pick your pattern, pick your leather, pick your details. Add to cart.

Aurum or bespoke email them.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Hello… Someone in this Group have AM shoes in size 6.5 or 7 UK and is looking for Sale??

i had 2 years with my Equites in size 7 UK and still loving them, I want to purchase a second pair, but i would like to see if I can find them in the Used Market

and What a better place to search than this group filled of AM shoes aficionados 😅

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gretchenx