• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liverano (and Cappelli) look is very close to the Italian look of 1950s,that had in Florence many great exponents (Nativo,Rettori,Speciale,Di Preta,Rossella,Giuntini,Maltagliati the young,De Vita,Franchi).

Am I the only one who feels like this cut doesnt really flatter him? Like it looks fine, but I just think the soft shoulders combined with a slight frame and larger face / head don't work.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like this cut doesnt really flatter him? Like it looks fine, but I just think the soft shoulders combined with a slight frame and larger face / head don't work.

There are some physical traits that no cut/style can straighten out, like overall height here; I've seen him in Florence, he is not the tallest. I'm not sure what stylistic choices would be better here, as the Liverano shoulders are already somewhat extended.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Qemal is leaving the liverano family to start his own Sartoria.......

There are almost half a dozen new sartorias from Liverano trained men in Florence right now...well, I don't think the master should be worried, it's natural to set up on your own when you're able to do everything yourself and he will be able to charge the big numbers to those who can afford him.

Stugotes

Reaction score
There are almost half a dozen new sartorias from Liverano trained men in Florence right now...well, I don't think the master should be worried, it's natural to set up on your own when you're able to do everything yourself and he will be able to charge the big numbers to those who can afford him.

Are there? Who would that be? Genuine interest here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think it would make sense for him to charge big numbers starting out. If the price is similar to Liverano I would just go the Liverano route. I think he will have to set a price low enough to pull in a solid customer base who can sustain him for few years while his name grows.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it would make sense for him to charge big numbers starting out. If the price is similar to Liverano I would just go the Liverano route. I think he will have to set a price low enough to pull in a solid customer base who can sustain him for few years while his name grows.

Sorry, I was refering Antonio Liverano. I agree with you.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I disagree: he was clearly the top guy at liverano - or close to it. Whoever replaces him will be his replacement (presumably not as good bc otherwise they’d have been doing the job over him all along). Presumably he can (or thinks he can) produce a garment that is Atleast as good, if not better than liverano. Thus he doesn’t necessarily have to charge lower prices.

Look at Michael Browne leaving chittleborough & Morgan. I believe chittleborough is around 5000 pounds while Michael browne is 6800 pounds.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree: he was clearly the top guy at liverano - or close to it. Whoever replaces him will be his replacement (presumably not as good bc otherwise they’d have been doing the job over him all along). Presumably he can (or thinks he can) produce a garment that is Atleast as good, if not better than liverano. Thus he doesn’t necessarily have to charge lower prices.

Look at Michael Browne leaving chittleborough & Morgan. I believe chittleborough is around 5000 pounds while Michael browne is 6800 pounds.

Shouldn't you be studying tort law?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think he would benefit from a shoulder pad. His shoulders in this coat look incredibly sloped and exaggerates the distance between his head and the end of the shoulders in an unflattering way. I think squaring off those shoulders a bit would go a long way to improving the look of this suit.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speculating, but to me it looks like Taka is clearly the heir apparent at Liverano, so makes sense for Qemal to strike out on his own. He wasnt there for more than a few years, so I'd think most customers will want a significant discount to liverano prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads