• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks.
I'm hoping they won't look too wacky in situ, arranged amongst other pieces. Something like this -

This = Georgian symmetry IMO.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My modest collection of Napoleonic cavalry sabers. I love Empire period uniforms and utilitarian objects.
These are photographs of Napoleon war veterans made in 1956. These are actual people that fought with the man and probably saw him personally. I find the fact that we have photographs of them simply mindblowing.
Notice that n2 and n3 have the same model saber I own ,called Chasseurs A Cheval. One of the most elegant and copied by other armies designs.
The last guys with one eye, is a cavalier of Legion of Honour, he is wearing it on the photo. I have that medal in my collection.

Collection of 30+ photos is in Brown's Univ. archives.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent impulse buys.

These are Spanish late 19C. Look so pretty , like a costume decor.

No one knows which country or period these belong to...I tried everything to ID them but to no avail. (not Russian or Romanian as was suggested)

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two cheap paintings. Red one for myself , English style, landscape is for resale.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My modest collection of Napoleonic cavalry sabers. I love Empire period uniforms and utilitarian objects.
These are photographs of Napoleon war veterans made in 1956. These are actual people that fought with the man and probably saw him personally. I find the fact that we have photographs of them simply mindblowing.
Notice that n2 and n3 have the same model saber I own ,called Chasseurs A Cheval. One of the most elegant and copied by other armies designs.
The last guys with one eye, is a cavalier of Legion of Honour, he is wearing it on the photo. I have that medal in my collection.

Collection of 30+ photos is in Brown's Univ. archives.

Where did you procure those sabres? And if you don't mind my asking, at what price?

I've been eyeing a few for some time now.

Last edited:

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some random stuff that I bought recently and happened to have pictures lying around my computer.

Hunting scenes, hand coloured. Need to find frames.

Ivory letter opener. There were more intricately carved ones, but they were too large (they're page turners) to be used as letter openers, so I had to settle for this smaller one.

Tortoise shell card case, inlaid with sterling, with ivory divider

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where did you procure those sabres? And if you don't mind my asking, at what price?

I've been eyeing a few for some time now.

Ebay in France and some French provincial auctions near Lyon.-cause I am cheap. Prices will be from 600EU for a simple but complete Chasseur Cheval to 2000EU for ornate French officer saber. In US the going prices are 1000 and up for simple NCO saber from Nap times and around 3K to 5K for ornate, presentation stuff, double that if it is Russian from the same era, half or nearly half if it is some sort of German or Italian weapon.

Card case is lovely and hunting prints are cute as they often are. I don't think they were meant to be slightly funny or grotesque looking but i think that is what time does to some things. Great prints would look nice in proper frames. Too bad you would have to pay arm and a leg to mat and frame them, those services are ridiculously expensive and you cannot skimp on the frames now or it would not look right....catch 22.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Kerman hand made carpet 14x10 , room size well not quite but close.
The market for Persian carpets has collapsed and that is why I could get this kind of thing for under 1K.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Mid century followers, Victor Vasarely Opt-Art , very limited serigraph on paper #12 of 16, signed. In a ridiculously heavy frame from 1970s , probably part of some corporate collection, certainly made to be industrial strength. Frame size 32x32

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads