• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anti-perspirant that doesn't stain shirts?

stjoad

Reaction score
As some others have said before, the yellow pit stains are caused by aluminum in antiperspirants. You'll want to look into alternatives -- personally, I simply use deodorant. I actually find myself sweating less these days (odd, I know) and I don't have to live with the yellow stains on my white shirts. There's a decent article on it here.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Follow my instructions and they will work perfectly. 1. Nair your underarms. No one will notice, and if they do, common, no one thought your underarm hair was attractive anyway. Try it for 5 mins the first time and work your way up to a good time for you. 8 mins is how long it takes me to remove all the hair without getting irritated skin. 2. Order this and use it: http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Antiper.../dp/B0014DQLN2
27409757_1-Pictures-of-MAXIM-anti-perspirant-for-hyperhidrosis-or-excessive-sweating-deodorant.jpg
Put it on before you sleep. Just try 1-2 passes the first time you use it. The effects of this anti-p will stay with you for a good 5-7, even if you shower or swim a lot. Do all of the reading on this product you want, there is no other non-Rx anti-P on the market that is stronger than this, period. 3. Wear simple deodorant in the day. Could be Crystal, Tom's, anything. My shirts never stain, and it's extremely hygienic. Even if I have to stay late at the office I feel fine. The Maxim washes off in the morning, but the effect is there for days after. I wish I would have started this routine sooner.

answerme2000

Reaction score
Admittedly it is difficult to find an antiperspirant that won't stain clothing but the good news is....
There is finally a product that works to remove nasty yellow underarm stains!! PitStop is a pre-treatment stain remover that will take away those yellowish/ gray stains and restores shirts to their original color or your money back. You can buy it online at www.armpitstainremover.com

Tug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by answerme2000
Admittedly it is difficult to find an antiperspirant that won't stain clothing but the good news is.... There is finally a product that works to remove nasty yellow underarm stains!! PitStop is a pre-treatment stain remover that will take away those yellowish/ gray stains and restores shirts to their original color or your money back. You can buy it online at www.armpitstainremover.com
yeah, i came across this product recently too - maybe i'll see about getting a bottle of this stuff and test it like i did deo-go (which worked exactly as described). deo-go actually came out early last year. i'll do a side-by-side test comparison betwen deo-go and pitstop and see which one works better. i think it's interesting that the primary domain name you used is a key word phrase of what the product does (remove pit stains) and not the product name which is pit stop. also, it seems kinda like a sales pitch to me. makes you wonder if you're trying to help the company with the seo or if you're a company rep
smile.gif

Tug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jacson
I work in construction and I need a question answered about stains that develop in the underarm of my tee-shirts. The stains are very dark and make the cotton of the tee-shirt stiff and rigid.

hey jacson, i'm no expert here, but from what i have seen and read, when the chemicals in some antiperspirants come in contact with sweat and transfer to the underarm area of your shirt, they manifest themselves in mostly three ways:

1. yellow/brownish stains
2. discoloration, plus stiffness
3. waxy build-up (mostly from stick antiperspirants)
+ odor on all three

the easiest ways to avoid that from happening is to
1. switch from antiperspirant to deodorant. not good for preventing underarm sweating though.
2. tryout different antiperspirants (like the ones listed here in this thread)
3. let your antiperspirant fully dry before you put on your clothes. i do this by putting my roll-on antiperspirant on right after I get out of the shower. then it's totally dry by the time i'm putting on my clothes.
4. continue using the same antiperspirant and use a product like deo-go or pit stop to remove it. those products are designed to dissolve the stains.

hope the above information helps you out!
best,
tug
undershirtguy.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads