• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are wellcome. Have you ever heard of a double stiching at the soles?. Are those pics of Yanko showing that?. Amazing comments but I have fun with this guy so I wont block him.
loel.gif
Well, maybe the translation is not double stitching, but sure any real shoe as the ones i am used to see daily or my friends produce on Italy have not that low quality feeling or double thread/stitching on the soles. Call it with the name you desire, but that is not a high quality feature and just checked on all my shoes. Edited: just asked for info to a relative owner of one of the biggest women shoe factories in Spain ( whose quality also is as this...) is telling me that machine stitching on the sole is called Escarpin. How a socalled handmade shoe has machine made threads as that? NOTE; I say handmade because on the shoes we handled are embroided HANDMADE, that seems as I wrote on my previous post, a gimmick? Good leather he said? That one was funny even " good" is a personal believe, sure not good to the real good or max industry standard. That leather is very softened with the softener/lightner sanding machine that after time won't handle it's shape or will be deeply creased. And curious too just for our personal opinion, (of a " troll" whose family has been just 1 century on this,) then the soles were on the contrary, ultrastiff and with plastic heel. Strange combination. See the pics of the exact same shoe we handled yesterday, note the obvious plastic heel other poster was denying it´s plastic, and also denying the sole thing as I said. Edit; The other poster deleted/edited the post were was saying; Yanko says/confirmed all our shoes got leather heels. ( While the picture with the Yanko logo shows plastic heel)
With this Spanish circle as Zapasman is impossible to talk. They believe their stuff is the best, while is just the opposite and deny obvious facts and insults. But let them believe their overpriced Seat Panda is an Aston Martin if they are happy with it. Not my business. Calls me troll when can´t answer facts but one of his friends was curiously banned by deeply trolling the Made in Spain shoes thread last week. Seem youngsters getting fun trolling online or promote all the time garments whose quality and look leave a lot to be desired, but believe they are handling the Kiton kind quality we handle or even do daily. Maybe readed, cultivated people have heard about the Plato cove story... I quit from this thread but will post tomorrow on another what a proper handmade shoe is and of course, lacks of those Escarpin threads visible on the sole among other things. I hope other shoes of the brand are better than the ones we handled yesterday or at least as were decades ago. Sure those weren't and I want to help as always, people overprices just because fake hypes/shills etc. Best and sorry for such a long answer.

Last edited:

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
Anyone else interested in a GMTO for a pair of Adelaide s on Yanko 915 lasted shoes?

My inspiration:

It would be closer to the first shoe. Need 2 more people.

Price if you live in Europe: 280 Euro or 310USD. (Shipping is free to EU-countries)
Price outside of Europe 223 Euro or 248USD. Shipping cost applies depending on destination (US = 36USD)
I would most likely be in on this. Apologize if this is a silly question, does hand painting the shoe affect how much of a mirror finish we can polish the shoe to?

Last edited:

doodledoc

Reaction score
I would most likely be in on this. Apologize if this is a silly question, does hand painting the shoe affect how much of a mirror finish we can polish the shoe to?
I do not know about the mirror finish question. The price is actually approximately $300 + shipping. Customs fees are not included. Let me know if you're still interested.

02///M3

Reaction score

Are people who can't handle the truth.

Now to my ignore list. Ciao Ciao.

There is no visible stitching on the sole, double or otherwise, because it is a closed channel sole. What you are looking at is a design applied to the sole. If you had handled these shoes as you claim you did, you'd know that. Which is how I know you're lying.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no visible stitching on the sole, double or otherwise, because it is a closed channel sole. What you are looking at is a design applied to the sole. If you had handled these shoes as you claim you did, you'd know that. Which is how I know you're lying.

Now what is this stitching, Is a “ decorative design applied to the sole” ? Great euphemism.

Please do no manipulate my speech and do not insult me.Thank you

And what won´t quit is that the overall quality of the shoe was poor and not for a 150-180 euros shoe. always on my opinion.

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Now what is this stitching, Is a “ decorative design applied to the sole” ? Great euphemism.

What you believe to be stitching is actually a decorative pattern applied with a wheel around the sole edge. It is usually called "scalloping".

The actual stitching is protected by a flap (channelled) and not visible until the sole shows significant wear.

jamie411

Reaction score
Hi @skolyx
Can you post some preview pictures of your upcoming new releases that you featured on Instagram? Soinds like some great shoes and boots coming...

Also do you have a top view (overhead) comparison of the difference lasts?

Finally, do you know you'll be restocked on the medium brown oxford? I would love to see that shoe in a dark brown suede on a York sole!

loveartioli

Reaction score
It's hard to find yanko's thread,here's a pair of yanko shoes which I want to buy,anyone can give some suggestion or advice?How about the leather quality?craftsmanship?etc. From the style,it may be yanko's NOS.Thank you for share your opinions on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads