• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Cordovan boots

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
I've never seen such an item either. Though I think if someone were to make one, it would be quite popular. Perhaps we could convince a retailer (err maybe Tom) to do a group order? I'm already waiting for a pair of the 4060, but I'd definitely put money down for a cap-toe boot in #8 on a Plaza last.
Yeah, I'd be down for boots like that myself, though I'd probably prefer it be in Cigar or Revello. A pair on the Plaza last would be much better for wearing with suits.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if we are custom ordering a captoe boot, it has to be cigar. Burgundy is too close to black, it looks almost military.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And you say it with such authority!
laugh.gif
Does anyone know how many pairs of shoes would need to be in a custom order to Alden, at a minimum? Edit: Also, if we were to approach someone about this, we might need to pick another color if we'd want the boots anytime next year as I've been told Cigar is supposedly very hard to get right now. I'd be willing to wait until 2009 to get a pair in Cigar if it's possible though.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
laugh.gif

Does anyone know how many pairs of shoes would need to be in a custom order to Alden, at a minimum?

Edit: Also, if we were to approach someone about this, we might need to pick another color if we'd want the boots anytime next year as I've been told Cigar is supposedly very hard to get right now. I'd be willing to wait until 2009 to get a pair in Cigar if it's possible though.

Ditto. If its a custom Alden boot sign me up.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about speed laces though? They're definitely useful, but they're also quite "military". There are quite a few examples of boots with and without in this thread. Leather Soul's coveted wingtip boots are without speed laces: in cigar, in #8. Adam's version also has them, but they also have commando soles: AF60's Would this boot also have commando soles? It might be nice just to do a double leather sole instead.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to speed laces and commando soles (but wouldn't opt out if I was in the minority on either). I find speed laces practical and more comfortable. Because I'll wear a 'dress' boot with jeans as many times as I will with a suit I like the versatility and durability of commando soles.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Plaza last cap-toe boot in #8 shell w/double leather sole sounds nice to me...
smile.gif
Even a perf. cap would be cool too. Almost like an Alden 606 last blucher Shannon!

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I have a NST boot coming soon. As far as a long wing boot, Alden doesn't have a pattern for it.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't want a longwing or split toe boot. But smooth toe, cap toe, wingtip, medallion or no, all sounds good to me.

Can Alden do a smooth toe with medallion?

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
laugh.gif

Does anyone know how many pairs of shoes would need to be in a custom order to Alden, at a minimum?

Edit: Also, if we were to approach someone about this, we might need to pick another color if we'd want the boots anytime next year as I've been told Cigar is supposedly very hard to get right now. I'd be willing to wait until 2009 to get a pair in Cigar if it's possible though.

I think that you need to order @ least 12 to get a custom order. I don't know if that is 12 in a given size, or 12 total. My guess is that it is 12 in a given size....

Tom?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Can Alden do a smooth toe with medallion?
I like it. I'm on the list for a wingtip boot (calf) from AofC and just ordered a cap toe from TeamShoewhatever so the smooth toe w/ medallion would be perfect.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
I think that you need to order @ least 12 to get a custom order. I don't know if that is 12 in a given size, or 12 total. My guess is that it is 12 in a given size....

Tom?

Yes, 12 total is the bare minimum.

I totally don't mind working on special Style Forum makeup shoes for you guys (as long as Alden and myself approves the design), but it has to be known that there will be NO special group buy pricing AT ALL. If any Alden dealer quotes you a "special" price on any group buys or such, it will be shut down, trust me. As some of you already know, I offered a slight discount in the past for group buys in which you needed to pay a deposit in advance and wait 6 months, but I got into trouble (and rightfully so) after a "friend" reported my group buy to Alden. You guys know (especially AAAC guys) that I am here for you unlike other retailers. I meant no harm to Alden, I was just trying to do something for you guys. I now understand and realize why my thinking was wrong. Anyhow, let me know if you guys want to work on something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads