• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Park Avenue to C&J Drummond Size Translation

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Given the relative strength of the dollar, I'm thinking about buying a pair of C&J Drummonds. I've read up about size suggestions and all but on looking back at the Pediwear website, I see they now have the Drummond in G width.

I normally take an 8EEE in the Park Avenue (5 Last); any idea how this translates into C&J sizing (Drummond is on the 348 last), and whether I should go for the G width or E width? Thanks.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would get a 7.5G, personally.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Grimslade, for your thoughts. I will order a 7.5G and report back on how it fits.

Josef Seibel

Reaction score
Why don´t you just check out the C&J points of sale in NYC ? Get yourself a proper fitting, buy a little something in the shop -if that makes you feel better- , and buy the shoes online. There´s nothing wrong with that. Finito la musica.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear a EEE in AE I highly doubt a G fitting in the 348 is going to fit your foot. The E fitting fits a US D. The 348 last is not for someone with such a wide foot.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Thanks again to those who posted.

My 7.5G Drummonds arrived about 2 weeks ago and I've had the chance to wear them a few times. The fit isn't perfect but actually ended up being a good bit better than my worst fears. The shoe is a tiny bit long and not quite as wide as I'd like, but I have no discomfort in walking for the better part of the day in them. The above quibbles do not represent serious fit problems.

I usually have worn an 8EEE in Allen Edmonds and Alden; the 348 probably isn't an ideal last for my foot in the 7.5G, but I like the shoe in the fit is pretty good, so I'm sticking with it.

Just thought I'd post an update and let everyone know what my results were.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 12.5D in AE #5 last & the 11.5E on the C&J Drummond fot me. I probably could also wear the 12E.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tony0o0