• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice for my Biggest Loser Challenge (at work)

Marton

Reaction score
cut water and jog everyday with a sweatsuit. That's what we'd do one week prior to competition weigh in.

Reaction score
I agree with the 'no carbs' route, basically cut out all beige foods (rice, potato, pasta etc.)
Best of luck.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
So I figured I would check in and let you all know how the weigh-in went.

But first, this is what I did the week leading up to the weigh-in. About a week, maybe a tad more, before, I completely kicked carbs to the curb as you all suggested. Doing that I watched my weight steadily drop daily, if even by just ounces. In addition, in the days leading up to the weigh-in I did a heavy water intake and cut most of it out 12-16 hours before the weigh-in which completely helped me to rid myself of excess water. Also, for about 24ish hours I fasted, basically on water and lemon alone. It was hard for that day, but the results were enjoyable:

Here are the results:

Initial Weigh-In: 11/30/2009: 169lbs
Final Weigh-In: 2/4/2010: 137.5lbs
Difference: 31.5lbs
Percentage Lost: 18.64%

Outcome: Beat everyone (about 10 people), the runner up was female and she came in around 13.92%

Thanks everyone for the help. The real test will now be to maintain my current weight!
eh.gif

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah brah, you need to bulk to atleast 220 pounds before you are a man.
ffffuuuu.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good story, haha. Makes me smile that you cut water weight to win your contest. It's really very funny
laugh.gif

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Good story, haha. Makes me smile that you cut water weight to win your contest. It's really very funny
laugh.gif

haha it worked!! but, even if I didnt do that, I would have won, I was being threatened by someone else who wound up being no where near my percentage. The next closest person was 13 or so % and I was beyond the 13% a week before the weigh-in w/o having water-weight cut

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL... did that link I posted earlier about cutting water to make weight help? That's exceptional man! Hope you didn't lose too much muscle during the process - that's a lot of weight to lose in 3 months.

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
LOL... did that link I posted earlier about cutting water to make weight help? That's exceptional man! Hope you didn't lose too much muscle during the process - that's a lot of weight to lose in 3 months.

It did! Very much! I really followed that info and it really did work, the day before and the day of the weigh-in showed a 3 or so lb weight difference, and it was all water weight.

I did lose a bit of muscle, but, I cant lie, I was not very muscular to start. I am now going to work at maintaining the weight and building muscle, thats the goal for the next 6 or so months for sure!

Thanks again everyone

BP348

Reaction score
I was going to get in on my office's biggest looser challenge last year till about 5 minutes before I was going to weigh in I heard some other people talk about how so and so was spending all his time in the bathroom because he drank like 2 gallons of water before he weighed in.

I considered that cheating so I didn't do it.

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
These contests confuse me. I guess they're good motivation, but if they ever actually worked or triggered any lasting results, they wouldn't pop back up every January.

I joined one at work since I was going to lose weight anyways. I lost like 20lbs in two months and nobody else lost a single pound. They all quit before even the three months was up and I got some money but not as much as I hoped. I'm still the only person from that group who has lost weight and have lost quite a bit more. I dont understand why all these people did it, I did it for the money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads