• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Accutane

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CCAurora
No case of acne in human history has been caused by an Accutane deficiency. Using it to "cure" acne is laughable. Acne is a symptom in 100% of cases - every type of acne has a true underlying cause. You're not "curing" anything; it is mere symptom suppression. If your body is producing excess oil, you don't take a drug to suppress oil production. You give the body what it is asking for when it creates the SYMPTOM of abnormally high oil production. If the skin is dry, that too is the body alerting you that it needs nutrients to function properly.

Based on the cause, you could be covering up a much more important problem. Drugging your symptoms away is like quieting a crying baby by throwing a haymaker to its chin.

The fact that drugs like these are pushed onto kids who don't know any better perfectly frames the impersonal, haphazard, and unhealthy tactics of money-hungry pharm companies.

This is 0% helpful.

Koaxke

Reaction score
Just figured I'd give you my results from using it. I had pretty bad acne, and nothing I had tried helped it (tried many, many creams). The obvious side effects occurred (such as the dry face/lips), but I also got lower back pain that has stuck with me even after I stopped taking the Accutane. The pain isn't bad and normally only comes when I go from a standing to lying position. In my opinion though it was completely worth it since I haven't really had a problem with acne ever since.

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Well, as a college student, my weekends consist of heavy drinking. I'd have to cut out alcohol COMPLETELY? I'd rather drink a lot and get drunk or nothing at all.
Being young like yourself, I schedule my Accutane doses around my drinking. So I take it Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday night. If I do drink during the week, it is usually only a beer or a glass of wine. Friday and Saturday are my heavier nights but I only drink moderately those nights (6-8 drinks)... below the blackout stage for me. If I was on a full dose, I would really avoid drinking because your liver will get fucked up plus you get drunk quick as hell. If you know you are going to have a day of heavy drinking, skip a dose of tane because the half life is about 24 hours.
Thanks for the reply. You ordered from an online source -- presumably without a prescription? How can you tell if the product you get is legit or not?
I did some research and took a chance. I know it works because I ended up getting the dry lips synonymous with tane. I have only tested my labs once since starting tane and it came back normal and I never had a problem with any of my labs when I was on the much heavier dose (albeit I did not drink back then).

2balls

Reaction score
I went on a heavy dose of accutane for 6 months, I forget the exact dosage, but I was taking around 3 per day of the strong ones. I had and still have a cystic (nodular) case of acne. I didn't really change much of my diet or lifestyle. I even went against the recommendation and drank heavily on a frequent basis (this was during the end of my college career, so I couldn't help it). It probably took a toll on my liver =/ but I'm fine and dandy today. I was also on tretinoin topical gel at the same time.

My recommendations? aquaphor is a must, eye drops (I looked high all the time and was constantly questioned) and skin lotion.

Other than that, its not bad at all. Oh yeah the monthly blood tests were kind of a pain **********- I hate needles.

CCAurora

Reaction score
This is 0% helpful.
I didn't realize you wanted people to simply tell you what you want to hear...
musicboohoo[1].gif
I know its easy to just pop a pill, but don't be stupid and think you're "curing" anything. It will come back to haunt you.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

I know its easy to just pop a pill, but don't be stupid and think you're "curing" anything. It will come back to haunt you.

It's 0% helpful in the sense that you provide absolutely zero guidance in how to 'cure' my acne problems. What am I supposed to do? Isolate every single variable in my life to determine which one(s) cause my acne? That's inefficient and stupid.

And thanks for the forecast into my future.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

go away

CCAurora

Reaction score
It's 0% helpful in the sense that you provide absolutely zero guidance in how to 'cure' my acne problems. What am I supposed to do? Isolate every single variable in my life to determine which one(s) cause my acne? That's inefficient and stupid. And thanks for the forecast into my future.
The fact that you think Accutane is the only route shows that you didn't take the time to research actual causes. Nutrition Response Testing is where its at... sorry, I forget that people don't know about this stuff... no scientific study can tell each individual person the exact vitamins and minerals they need at a given time. Personalized testing and unique protocols are crucial for actual, real-world success. Drugs are popular because its cheap and easy and involves no individualized testing... good for business, but not for you! If you do a little Google'ing, you can find an NRT doc in your area.
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
go away
U mad?

2balls

Reaction score
The fact that you think Accutane is the only route shows that you didn't take the time to research actual causes. Nutrition Response Testing is where its at... sorry, I forget that people don't know about this stuff... no scientific study can tell each individual person the exact vitamins and minerals they need at a given time. Personalized testing and unique protocols are crucial for actual, real-world success. Drugs are popular because its cheap and easy and involves no individualized testing... good for business, but not for you!

This is my personal opinion, but I believe accutane is pretty much a last-resort choice for a lot of people. It may not be their only route, but it seems to be the closest one to a 'cure' if I may call it to some serious forms of acne. Can you link us to some valid resources of the 'actual causes' of acne. I feel like there are too many factors to consider when you want to actually pinpoint the 'actual cause'.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of infomercials lately from law firms suing the makers of accutane for Tardive Dyskinesia. You guys who have used it doing ok? Fortunately I never had acne but my older brother had a pretty bad case of it and accutane did the trick for him. Made him ridiculously dry skinned, though.

CCAurora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2balls
This is my personal opinion, but I believe accutane is pretty much a last-resort choice for a lot of people. It may not be their only route, but it seems to be the closest one to a 'cure' if I may call it to some serious forms of acne. Can you link us to some valid resources of the 'actual causes' of acne. I feel like there are too many factors to consider when you want to actually pinpoint the 'actual cause'.
That's why you need individualized testing. Not only are there tons of causes for acne, but tons of causes for the tons of causes for acne (i.e. skin too oily, skin too dry, poor liver function, poor diet, etc). Obviously, Accutane isn't curing all of these things, only suppressing a common symptom between them. The drug is ESPECIALLY bad if poor liver function causes acne because you end up making your liver even worse! (yes, I haven't even mentioned all the awful things the drug does to your liver, digestive system, etc) IMO, its a matter of how much someone values their health. Drugs have a place in emergency situations, but I refuse to believe that anyone on Accutane has exhausted their other options because they would have found a cure before reaching the end.

nehalem

Reaction score
Well it cured my acne. Still on it and all clear. No side effects, maybe dry-ish lips but they've always been dry in the winter.

trd6478

Reaction score
ccaurora, why do you feel the need to post your naturopathic quackery in every single health-related thread?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwonger06
Being young like yourself, I schedule my Accutane doses around my drinking. So I take it Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday night. If I do drink during the week, it is usually only a beer or a glass of wine. Friday and Saturday are my heavier nights but I only drink moderately those nights (6-8 drinks)... below the blackout stage for me.

If I was on a full dose, I would really avoid drinking because your liver will get fucked up plus you get drunk quick as hell. If you know you are going to have a day of heavy drinking, skip a dose of tane because the half life is about 24 hours.

I did some research and took a chance. I know it works because I ended up getting the dry lips synonymous with tane.

I have only tested my labs once since starting tane and it came back normal and I never had a problem with any of my labs when I was on the much heavier dose (albeit I did not drink back then).

buying accutane from an online pharmacy and administering it to oneself on a self-developed schedule is one of the more foolish things i've read on this, or any, IBB. congrats
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads