• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A or B?

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The result of the poll interests me more than the poll because it shows the degree to which the RLBL crowd has taken over MC.
Yeah, wow I didn't expect B to 'win'. I am obviously still stuck in the glory days of soft-tailoring that were 2008.

axe

Reaction score
The result of the poll interests me more than the poll because it shows the degree to which the RLBL crowd has taken over MC.
I was expecting a runaway victory for A. I voted for A, because Signore Barbera reminds me of my grandfather and I like that style. B is zZZZZZZzzzzz

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You don't have to be an RLBL fanatic to dislike A. I've voted for neither but I probably prefer B, despite how bland it is as a whole. It's not so much the colour or slouchyness in A that I dislike, but more how damn square it is. And I mean that in a literal sense; it's like he's dressed in a big brown oblong.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Dopey's Rubinacci Controversy thread inspired me to start this poll: do you prefer A or B? Vote on whatever citeria you want, but please explain why you chose one over the other. It's all fair game.

comparison.jpg

Admiralackbar.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

I doubt it does. There are many reasons members voted for B, chief among them the horrible fit of A. I didn't see anyone post about how interesting B was BTW, but A is just pure fail.

axe

Reaction score
More of S. Barbera. Full version of the "A" photo
lbjan.jpg
Nice DB (nicely buttoned too)
LB1.jpg
Tip of the hat to Gianni Agnelli?
Watch.jpg

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
there's only so much any tailor can do to a bad body CASE STUDY: two people both measured by Patrick Chu for a WW Chan suit: (1)
AsiaTrip%20045%20(500%20x%20375).jpg
IANCIMG1092_(edited).jpg
or (2)
CharChan1.jpg
Charchan6.jpg
who do YOU think looks better? no amount of money can replace a body that's in shape

Hacking pockets don't help the case. If you're round out in front, probably best not to have them. I thought they were specifically for horsey jackets? P.S. in regards to Barbera in the first post, how the hell does a forum of clothing experts judge the fit of a jacket when someone is putting their hands in their front pockets. His getup looks comfortable, some days i'd much prefer to look comfortable.

axe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Hacking pockets don't help the case. If you're round out in front, probably best not to have them.
The jacket seems specially designed to highlight his moobs.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by axe
The jacket seems specially designed to highlight his moobs.

exactly, here's me thinking this guy looks better in a double breasted jacket, no ticket pocket.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Swap this in for the original A and he would likely run away with the poll. Much better fit.
Same fit? Anyway looks much better as a whole. Might be the moustache.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Same fit? . . .
I don't think so. The chest, shoulders and upper arms of the DB all seem better. It may be because it is less broken down, but I think it was probably made closer to when the photo was taken with a better fitting pattern.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I don't think so. The chest, shoulders and upper arms of the DB all seem better. It may be because it is less broken down, but I think it was probably made closer to when the photo was taken with a better fitting pattern.
May be we're looking at different pictures, but I see no DB (double breasted ?) jacket in Axes post..
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads