• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
The BSPs are exclusive to self edge so that should be the only site that has measurements for all three styles. They'll stretch but you want to be able to get them on from the get go, any way you can get to a location to try them out?

The BSPs are not totally exclusive to Self edge. I know of a few retailers that stock 3Sixteen that carry these.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The BSPs are not totally exclusive to Self edge. I know of a few retailers that stock 3Sixteen that carry these.

Which others, out of curiosity?

There's a store here in Chicago that I think has the ST in a 34, so if I can get over there that will work. However of the potential "matches" that's the only one I can get locally.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here's a slightly, uh, um, embarrassing fit question/issue...

I received SL and ST 210s in the mail today and tried them. SL are too bit all around in the proper waist size, while ST fit perfectly with one exception: there appears to be some serious moose knuckle action going on, however the jeans don't feel too tight. Is this an issue of material stiffness, or just them being the wrong cut for me (not quite enough butt/upper thigh room, which causes pulling you-know-where)?

I'll do everyone the favor of not posting fit pics, but would like to know if others experienced the same initial appearance and if it went away as the fabric softened.

Medoc

Reaction score
When can we expect a restock/re-drop of the stadium jackets? It mentions they are a core item but I've been checking back for months with no good news.

Medoc

Reaction score
Looking like an August/September delivery.

I can't work out what colour I want ! Black, Indigo or Green ?

After speaking with 3sixteen directly, I think they're planning on black and charcoal for next release. I'm sure they will both be nice. What's the general care requirements for something of the waved canvas variety? I own nothing currently in waxed canvas and I feel like I'm missing out big time.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
After speaking with 3sixteen directly, I think they're planning on black and charcoal for next release. I'm sure they will both be nice. What's the general care requirements for something of the waved canvas variety? I own nothing currently in waxed canvas and I feel like I'm missing out big time.
I have 4 waxed canvas jackets and haven't cleaned any of them. I think you're supposed to spot clean them with a damp rag or something. Absolutely do not machine wash/tumble dry. I believe Otter Wax sells a product that's supposed to clean waxed canvas Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
You are right Charcoal, black wax and indigo cotton.

I think the aim is to treat it like crap and watch it fade and distress naturally.

There a whole bunch of wax care products that you can apply if you want to maintain the finish.

Medoc

Reaction score
You are right Charcoal, black wax and indigo cotton.

I think the aim is to treat it like crap and watch it fade and distress naturally.

There a whole bunch of wax care products that you can apply if you want to maintain the finish.
I'd be less concerned about maintaining finish and more about just general care. I have a number of jackets that I've washed like twice in a 4 year period and that's been adequate so it's not like jackets need constant cleaning, but I definitely feel like I like having the option. I mean, life happens. People sweat, spill drinks, get dirty, etc. I certainly don't want to have to pick and choose my opportunities to wear a jacket or feel nervous when wearing it. This will all probably turn out to be unnecessary worrying. After doing a bit more research on waxed canvas, I may find it's much more resistant to anything unclean than I could imagine. Also, I may end up wearing it for 3 years and never once notice a smell or have a need to clean, who knows. I'm sure if they weren't worth the trouble then people would not buy them and they would cease to be an option. I'll do some investigating. Plus I really like the black version for my wardrobe.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With black waxed canvas you likely won't notice it being dirty. I have a Gustin waxed trucker and a cheapo Levis waxed trucker (not the Filson collab) and the first things I noticed with those jackets is the cuffs and sleeves got dirty first. Just depends on color and how often you beat the crap out of your clothes

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

johnnykicks

Reaction score
Quote:
I assume it will be the same as the black and grey ones that have previously been sold? I hope they release a third one that hasn't been made already. If the norm is to release 3 every fall maybe they could something like rotate every color so that the same one doesn't get released every single time. Or maybe pick the two that sold the most and the third can be a new color or a variant of a previous color. I mean obviously there are only so many colors they can make for something like a waxed cotton/canvas jacket I can't imagine anything too bold like a red or yellow would sell to well lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads