1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

We're proud to announce our newest addition to our denim lines here at Self Edge with 3sixteen. We're starting off with three denim models and a few bracelet styles... The collection is handsewn in America of the finest fabrics, ensuring that every piece has a compelling story to tell. Beyond the garments, we here at Self Edge love the guys behind the label and their vision of the future; this is why we've chosen to bring a rare non-Japanese brand into our mix of labels which we represent. The first offerings from 3Sixteen come in the form of two jean silhouettes and a set of leather bracelets produced by Tanner Goods. The jeans were designed in part by Self Edge and we oversaw the sourcing and production of these from the beginning to end to make sure these were worthy of adding to the rest of what we carry here at the store. The SL-100x jean is a straight leg cut made of selvedge indigo denim from Japan's famous Kaihara Mill complete with custom rivets, a thick leather tag from Tanner Goods, and chainstitched hems. The ST-100x is a slim cut jean with a small leg opening to please those looking for a slim jean that's got a form fitting silhouette, also made of Kaihara's denim. The slim tapered cut is also available with black resin coated denim from Cone Mills (ST-210). Also available are leather bracelets available in two styles in black or tan leather. These were produced in Oregon by Tanner Goods out of a sturdy thick English Bridle leather. All three denim models and bracelets are available now in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for more photographs, spec lists, and measurements: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=82 SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge [​IMG] [​IMG] ST-100x - Slim Leg Indigo Selvedge [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ST-210 - Slim Leg Black Coated [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Leather Bracelet - Dual Strand [​IMG] Leather Bracelet - Single Strand [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  2. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

I first noticed 3Sixteen when Tobi put up some of their Utility Shirts in seersucker. I liked what I saw quite a bit. I assume that SelfEdge will be carrying some shirts as well, down the line?

Beyond the garments, we here at Self Edge love the guys behind the label and their vision of the future

Care to share some of this info?

3. djh

djh Well-Known Member

they used to be a more hypebeast/streetwear (tees, fitted's) label, but now they're this: I like the direction they're going in.

4. Transcendental

Transcendental Well-Known Member

they used to be a more hypebeast/streetwear (tees, fitted's) label, but now they're this:

I like the direction they're going in.

I've liked all of their line for awhile, even their tees are the most durable I've ever seen...the fit stays the same from when you buy it and after you wash it. Amazing brand.

5. siglo vi

siglo vi Well-Known Member

i like how they've adopted a more mature aesthetic.. another good brand along the same lines is maiden noir based in seattle.. most of their clothing is made in japan and very high quality

6. SFTA10

SFTA10 New Member

hello !

should i buy like these or apc jeans ? and why ?

7. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Well-Known Member

These are much higher quality than APC for just a little more money.

8. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Well-Known Member

I think these will be my next denimz purchase. The Sl-100x looks solid.

9. JonB27

JonB27 Well-Known Member

Hmmm I think I might try out the Sl100-x, looks good all around.

10. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

jeans look very sweet, I will probably regret not buying the slim model but I'll be sure to admire how they look with wear on Sufu in a few months.

11. Biscotti

Biscotti Well-Known Member

I like them alot, esp the black coated.

12. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

wow, black resin coated cone denim for $175, thats really awesome. Wish there was also a straightleg model with the black cone denim, might have to try the slims at some point. Those really all look amazing, epsecially for the money, really raises the bar.

13. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

jeans look good for the price...is the ass area looking bad cause the model isnt sagging at all...or will the jeans always look like theyre being swallowed by your asshole

14. TC1990

TC1990 Well-Known Member

I was gonna get the Blackbird Sunset Hotel, but those black resins look really nice.

Are there any affiliate codes, or are they all discontinued?

15. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

Neat... I thought 3Sixteen was more of an urban/hip hop brand. An acquaintence/friend of mine used to do t-shirt design for them.

16. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Denim looks real nice. I just got some KMWs 1980s, so I'm not really hurting for another pair of denim, but I might have to give the straight legs a whirl down the road.

Also really liking the double leather bracelet.

17. PeterParker

PeterParker Well-Known Member

In case people are wondering about sizing for the SL-100x: kiya suggests going true to size. I sized down 2 on mine to a size 30. After about a month of wear, the waist stretched out to 32". Fit is similar to Sidney's fit in the model photos. ***EDIT*** Mine are from Lot 001. The cut on Lot 002 is slightly different. Refer to measurements when sizing. I will post fit pics and some limited evo shots this week to help some of you make up your mind. I wonder how often SE will be getting restocks from 3sixteen seeing as the first lot of the SL denim was quite limited in production...

18. upnorth

upnorth Well-Known Member

In terms of denim durability alone, should one go for the Kaihara denim or the Cone Black?

19. IamAllen

IamAllen Member

seriously considering picking up one of the SL-100x's...how do you think they stack up (regarding fit) when compared with APC recues, new standards, or just 501s?

20. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Well-Known Member

how do the resin black ones fade?
    also, what is the diff between the regualrn and slim fits? the measurements look very similar