• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30% cashback on ebay.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
i had the icon appear for 25% today. i bought something and was told i would get a message in my box about the cash back. said message arrived and i clicked on the link. but when i look in my account, it didn't confirm that everything is ok, it just says "0".

should i be concerned?

I have done the same thing for my last two transactions and like you I am also still at 0. I guess I will let this go for another week before I begin hassling with customer service.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
I maxed out my 12 transactions. Damn.

I was under impression that it is 6 per account do you mean you have 2 Ebay accounts or did I miss the fine print and it is 12 per account ?

totally epic

Reaction score
^it's 12 per account.

SwedishFish: I had one that was canceled because they said the order had been refunded. I emailed customer service and it took 2-3 emails, but they eventually fixed it. If your transactions are valid on both eBay & Paypal, don't worry.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^it's 12 per account.

Thank you. Then I am about to double my participation.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
^it's 12 per account.

SwedishFish: I had one that was canceled because they said the order had been refunded. I emailed customer service and it took 2-3 emails, but they eventually fixed it. If your transactions are valid on both eBay & Paypal, don't worry.

Today I received an email for each of the transactions for which I've used the cashback and shortly thereafter my live.com cashback account was credited (pending) with the credit for each transaction. The emails read:

Thanks for searching, shopping and saving with Microsoft Live Search cashback - The Search That Pays You Back!

From your recent purchases, you have earned cashback savings!

To view the details for this purchase or your other Live Search cashback transactions, sign into your Live Search cashback account. The transaction will be listed as pending for 60 days. After 60 days, we'll let you know that it's available for payment and you can get your cashback!

Just putting it out there in case anyone else encounters the same lag...

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That lag is standard.
This is my second time using CB.
I think I have 50 days left as of today.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the 60-day lag, but rather the lag between making a purchase and paying for it and having the credit appear in one's live.com cashback account. I apologize if that was unclear...

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is 12 per account up to $2400. $200 maximum per purchase so if you maxed each purchase you'd hit the limit. If you don't hit the $2400 limit with those 12 purchases just create another ebay account as the $2400 is tied to the paypal account. The limit resets on January 1 (calendar year). Then you get another $2400 or whatever they decide to do. It's a great deal they got going on as it really helps everyone. Buyer gets great savings. Sellers can charge more. Ebay raised seller fees. Microsoft makes more off advertisers. Advertisers have more exposure (this can be argued as many, myself included, only uses live.com for the cashback and not so much as a browser). The cashback feature also works for quite a few other online retailers as well.

One slick deal I saw on ebay was where the seller offered a $566 gift card/money order/cashiers check for the buy it now price of $666. The seller made $100 on the deal minus fees. The buyer paid $100 more for the card but got cashback of $200 (cashback was 30% so $666 was max). So the buyer ended up making $100 on the deal once they got their cashback. Creative thinking at its finest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads