• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30% cashback on ebay.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely seeing 25%. Are you going all the way to the next-to-last step? still says 30%?

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to get to Ebay via cashback. Could somebody tell me how to do it?
Cluelessly yours,
Philosophe

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I'm definitely seeing 25%. Are you going all the way to the next-to-last step? still says 30%?

I'm seeing 25% right now as well....

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, for big ticket items, I think you are still limited to $200 max.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm looking to get a PS3 (more for blu ray than anything). Anyone predict a price drop in time for the holidays such that I should wait? Problem is, there could be a price drop, but no 30% cash back promo. I don't NEED the PS3 now. Just a toy to have, but I would like to spend as little as possible.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not just get a $200 blu-ray player at 25% off?

I'm not sure, but isn't the PS3 a better than average blu-ray player? and doesn't it reduce the number of hdmi cables you might need, if you are going to use the gaming platform (one cable for the PS3, versus 2 if a gaming platform and a blu-ray).

that being said, i took a look at ebay and the internate the PS3 seems to be $400 at the usual stores, and i'm surprised they're sometimes listed for higher than that on ebay in BIN packages.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy

that being said, i took a look at ebay and the internate the PS3 seems to be $400 at the usual stores, and i'm surprised they're sometimes listed for higher than that on ebay in BIN packages.

Because shrewd sellers know that there's the MS Live rebate floating around. You just have to wait for someone who doesn't know about the rebate. Best way to do it is to set up a search on eBay and have it mail you when something that meets your criteria shows up. I missed a handful of auctions before I got the camera at the price I wanted to pay.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Because shrewd sellers know that there's the MS Live rebate floating around. You just have to wait for someone who doesn't know about the rebate. Best way to do it is to set up a search on eBay and have it mail you when something that meets your criteria shows up. I missed a handful of auctions before I got the camera at the price I wanted to pay.

I know about that, but honestly, some of them are set such that even with the discount, it's above the big box store price. And I'll rather deal with them at the same price or higher - ebay sellers aren't the people you want to deal with when things go wrong.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are several advantages to PS3 but teddie didn't seem interested in them. If you buy a bluray player right now, I'm sure you could wait out the entire christmas season and still sell it off afterwards if you don't want it. I'm guessing you could still get your $150 purchase price back for it.

Then again, it's likely that the PS3 will be cut in price, but that the cut will be from $400 to $300, which is the same as the 25% live discount.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I know about that, but honestly, some of them are set such that even with the discount, it's above the big box store price. And I'll rather deal with them at the same price or higher - ebay sellers aren't the people you want to deal with when things go wrong.

I hear ya. There're sellers that reach for the moon, and there're idiots ready to pay those prices.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are several advantages to PS3 but teddie didn't seem interested in them. If you buy a bluray player right now, I'm sure you could wait out the entire christmas season and still sell it off afterwards if you don't want it. I'm guessing you could still get your $150 purchase price back for it.

Then again, it's likely that the PS3 will be cut in price, but that the cut will be from $400 to $300, which is the same as the 25% live discount.

Dont' get me wrong, if I'm going to spend $200 on a blu-ray, I'd definitely spend an additional $100 to have the gaming platform. I'm just so busy and not the type that would get immersed in role-playing games or internet-based shoot-outs like halo or whatever. But I do like the beat the crap out of people-type games, and I would actually use the PS3, but only on occasion.

I guess my concern is, if the microsoft thing sticks around until the holidays (I'm sure all of your guesses are as good as mine, but maybe someone out there might know otherwise) AND Sony does a price drop, I could be looking at a 80 GB system for close to $200, rather than $300.

I guess I'll wait, and see what happens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads