• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

28 weeks later

Kopite

Reaction score
Spoilers

Perhaps the bomb cleared off some of the debris/whatever it is blocking the chunnel? As I see no reason for them to show a scene with the infected running through some sort of tunnel towards the end for nothing.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kopite
Spoilers Perhaps the bomb cleared off some of the debris/whatever it is blocking the chunnel? As I see no reason for them to show a scene with the infected running through some sort of tunnel towards the end for nothing.
Hmm. We may be getting mixed up here. The last scene of the movie shows the infected running along flat ground (no suggestion that it's a tunnel) with the Eifell Tower in the distance. Or are you referring to the quick scene 3/4 of the way into the movie where the infected are all running down stairs into a subway entrance? If you referencing the latter: While I don't agree with this presumption, maybe it is to give you the impression that they've found something in the tunnels below to divert your attention from the inevitable fact that we know the boy is going to get the virus at some point, and that we know something bad is going to happen because he has the virus. Or maybe it is to make the final subway scene even scarier because while you see the woman and two children descending into the subway to what they think might be a safe place, the audience KNOWS that a couple hundred zombies just ran down there earlier in the film. It's an interesting theory, but just doesn't compute. If this was the case, the last scene, as opposed to being a crashed helicopter, would probably have been a burst barricade that used to block a massive tunnel. If Paris had been overrun with zombies from the chunnel A.) why would the helicopter have even bothered landing there B.) why would the whole point of the movie be that this child had his mothers genetic ability to host the virus without suffering the side effects? Seems like a pretty odd attempt to divert us from the 'chunnel' theory when the only evidence of the chunnel theory is that there is a 5 second scene where you see zombies running into a subway. Hell, the zombies run EVERYWHERE. Why were hundreds of them running into the field where the helicopter was supposed to make the drop? Why were hundreds of them simply running around the city in droves? They are transformed into animals, confused and hungry. They run around until they get something to eat, or die.

Kopite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Hmm. We may be getting mixed up here. The last scene of the movie shows the infected running along flat ground (no suggestion that it's a tunnel) with the Eifell Tower in the distance. Or are you referring to the quick scene 3/4 of the way into the movie where the infected are all running down stairs into a subway entrance? If you referencing the latter:

While I don't agree with this presumption, maybe it is to give you the impression that they've found something in the tunnels below to divert your attention from the inevitable fact that we know the boy is going to get the virus at some point, and that we know something bad is going to happen because he has the virus. Or maybe it is to make the final subway scene even scarier because while you see the woman and two children descending into the subway to what they think might be a safe place, the audience KNOWS that a couple hundred zombies just ran down there earlier in the film. It's an interesting theory, but just doesn't compute. If this was the case, the last scene, as opposed to being a crashed helicopter, would probably have been a burst barricade that used to block a massive tunnel.

If Paris had been overrun with zombies from the chunnel A.) why would the helicopter have even bothered landing there B.) why would the whole point of the movie be that this child had his mothers genetic ability to host the virus without suffering the side effects? Seems like a pretty odd attempt to divert us from the 'chunnel' theory when the only evidence of the chunnel theory is that there is a 5 second scene where you see zombies running into a subway. Hell, the zombies run EVERYWHERE. Why were hundreds of them running into the field where the helicopter was supposed to make the drop? Why were hundreds of them simply running around the city in droves? They are transformed into animals, confused and hungry. They run around until they get something to eat, or die.

Well you theory is much likelier, I suppose. Although I would be somewhat disappointed if that were the case, as spreading the disease through something as trivial as a hug or a kiss, as they had done that already earlier in the movie.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Really felt great about this film up until midway through when they make their way to the other side of the city. Then it was one cliche after another one and made the film painful to watch. Ending was awful.

Spoilers:

Why the HELL did they edit out the wink that was in the trailer from the film???? THAT SUCKED.

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Was anyone else disturbed by the girl? She had a face of a 25 year old and the body of 13 year old.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
Was anyone else disturbed by the girl? She had a face of a 25 year old and the body of 13 year old.

I was just talking about that with my boss. Kind of like Natalie Portman in The Professional. Absolutely gorgeous face, but she's a child... creepy.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Really felt great about this film up until midway through when they make their way to the other side of the city. Then it was one cliche after another one and made the film painful to watch. Ending was awful.
Finally saw it tonight and would ditto this assessment.

Also, two quick points re posts above: (1) Doyle clearly tells the chopper pilot to pick up the kids and take them across the Channel, (2) IMO there are many hints pointing to the fact that Andy is going to spread the virus (multiple shots on him and his eyes, and especially a long last shot on his face when he's in the chopper before the fade to black and "28 days later" screen). I'm not sure where the "running through the chunnel" theory came from but nothing in the movie points to that.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested---A release date for the sequel to 28 Weeks Later, shockingly titled 28 Months Later, is scheduled to appear in 2009. Wikipedia says that it may be set in Russia.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I forgot what this thread was about, and was expecting to come in here seeing something about Jantzen orders, Carlo Franco ties, and Darren Beaman suits.

As in... 28 weeks later, I still haven't recieved:

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You forgot things sold by Bergdorf Goodwill ?

shimmyt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
In case anyone is interested---A release date for the sequel to 28 Weeks Later, shockingly titled 28 Months Later, is scheduled to appear in 2009. Wikipedia says that it may be set in Russia.

That seems odd, because you figure the way the virus was spreading it would've hit russia much sooner then 28 months later. Now getting over to Japan, or US, that might take 28 months, also at that point shouldn't they have just nuked it from space? That's the only way to be sure.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great series, but a little convoluted with the time frame. Most don't realize 28 weeks later was a prequel to 28 days later..... but I can't say it's because most people are morons like I usually do. They really botched the time frame here. (The guy from 28 days wakes from his coma 28 days after the events of 28 weeks later transpire.)

I wonder when 28 months later is supposed to take place.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Great series, but a little convoluted with the time frame. Most don't realize 28 weeks later was a prequel to 28 days later..... but I can't say it's because most people are morons like I usually do. They really botched the time frame here. (The guy from 28 days wakes from his coma 28 days after the events of 28 weeks later transpire.) I wonder when 28 months later is supposed to take place.
Um no. 28 Days Later takes place 28 days after the first infected appear. 28 Weeks Later happens 28 weeks after the infected began to die of starvation. That's why the country is being repopulated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads