• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 No Purchase Club

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i can't even fathom this

hell, i already bought stuff

I'm sure the stuff falls under one of the rules, perhaps "fills a need"?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
There are times when I have trouble rationalizing some of the purchases I want to make. Then there are moments like today when I realize some of these purchases are much more purposeful than what I used to devote my money to.

I was checking in on a DVD forum I used to frequent when I was really into buying DVDs. I revisited a spending tab thread I started in January 2005. I bought 26 DVDs during the first three months for a grand total of $400. Of those, the first three seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Cooler, and M are the only things of the lot I still consider smart/worthwhile purchases. Those accounted for less than $100 of the $400 total. Those three months weren't really abnormal for me, either. I kept a pretty similar pace from 2003 to mid-2006.

Point is, I dropped a ton of cash of this hobby. I still have a lot of the titles, but only consider a fraction of those to be integral for me. I still have a ton of stuff I haven't watched and even more that I only watched once.

With clothes, I know I'll at least get use out of what I buy. The upfront costs might seem high for certain items. But over the course of time, you'll spend a comparable amount to another hobby that may not reap the same amount of use that clothing you love does.

I hear ya. I can--and have--dropped lots and lots of cash on LPs. I get a lot of use out of many of them, but at the same time, many of them are not really essential. I bought them based on their reputation or their critical reception or whatever and found I could have lived without them. So I've drifted away from buying them because I feel like I do get more use out of the clothes I buy, and right now at least, enjoy buying clothes more than I do music.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I can already picture the affiliates
ffffuuuu.gif
'ing at this thread.

Not at all. We know it won't last.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm in for tonight, but I might have to go buy some sort of utilitarian type winter coat/jacket tomorrow if I can find one, gonna be 0 degrees here all next week and for some time. Deeply regretting selling my Rick down jacket right now.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't wear any of that man, I am a 125 lb Asian guy living in Korea, with a taste for expensive outerwear.
redface.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I can't wear any of that man, I am a 125 lb Asian guy living in Korea, with a taste for expensive outerwear.
redface.gif

Well get a Krane Emory Bomber then. I just picked one up and it's toasty warm.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Get OUT!

wink.gif

Nope, this is one thread worth derailing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads