• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 No Purchase Club

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to come in here and mock you people but come to think of it, I am not sure there is anything I need either. 2009 was a massive cop year (some stuff posted here and some not), and there is no sense in repeating that for some time. What is left but to actually wear it?

New Year's resolution -- work all the new stuff into the rotation.

Possible weakness --- I might pick up more sunglasses. And I will probably cop on the cheap during S/S blowouts in a few months. Will cop guitars and related gear, but that doesn't count here.

Racove

Reaction score
Let's be honest. If you plan to stop shopping, you've got to stop coming on here everyday.

prolifick21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racove
Let's be honest. If you plan to stop shopping, you've got to stop coming on here everyday.

true.

more power to you guys. my problem is everytime i tell myself im gonna stop something new always comes up. hopefully this year will be my last year of major clothing purchases. I trry to buy the best quality stuff so i know it will last long.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Long as this doesn't include food or beer, I'm in.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
In before the kop

010 year of the no kop for the J-E-T

Summer game laced up since last year with bless, damir, jil and comme shorts on deck along with jil wife beats, rick sleeveless Ts and light pants/short sleeve linens/cottons.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. Gave up smoking, and shopping's next. Booze money's getting hard to scrounge up.

chroMe

Reaction score
I just came home tonight from a shopping trip on the continent - I've been quite conservative in purchases and thus will be able to feed myself until next payday. I endeavour to be virtuous until I go to Paris in a few weekends.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's nice about the five rules is that they allow you to make purchases. You just have to be able to rationalize them. I can do that.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning a TOJ leather purchase, a boot purchase, and a travel bag purchase. That's it.

So count me in, aside from those.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK, so... I'm pretty sure The Watch at J. Crew fills a need.

svelten

Reaction score
In.

Well, at least for -clothing- related purchases. I fully commit to not buying a single piece of apparel/accessory for this year, and that was decided in 2009...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are times when I have trouble rationalizing some of the purchases I want to make. Then there are moments like today when I realize some of these purchases are much more purposeful than what I used to devote my money to.

I was checking in on a DVD forum I used to frequent when I was really into buying DVDs. I revisited a spending tab thread I started in January 2005. I bought 26 DVDs during the first three months for a grand total of $400. Of those, the first three seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Cooler, and M are the only things of the lot I still consider smart/worthwhile purchases. Those accounted for less than $100 of the $400 total. Those three months weren't really abnormal for me, either. I kept a pretty similar pace from 2003 to mid-2006.

Point is, I dropped a ton of cash of this hobby. I still have a lot of the titles, but only consider a fraction of those to be integral for me. I still have a ton of stuff I haven't watched and even more that I only watched once.

With clothes, I know I'll at least get use out of what I buy. The upfront costs might seem high for certain items. But over the course of time, you'll spend a comparable amount to another hobby that may not reap the same amount of use that clothing you love does.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I will be a lot careful with my purchases this year. I'll try to go as long as possible. I bought a lot last year, but not sure if I am satisfied with over half of my purchases. Though I do want to revamp my closet a bit since I have been lurking around SZ alot lately. Need to save for the some of those pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads