• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$0.99 double cheeseburger.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
As usual, we have a few people who think what they say applies with equal force in all situations. Calories are calories to some extent. There is being healthy and balanced and having particular training goals. Not everyone needs to fuel their bodies with the same nutrients for different goals. Not everyone wants to be buff, cut or in shape enough to do a triathalon or 100 mile bike ride.

If your goal is to maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart even if it means you're not all muscle, a little bit of chub (which is decent for someone who gets older), then $1 double cheeseburgers a few times a month isn't going to kill you, particularly if you make an effort to stay active (and being a gym rat isn't the only way to stay active). Nor will it be catostrophic for your health.

Not everyone has the time or inclination to eat 6 times a day, count how much protein they are consuming, drinking quarts of water today, making sure they hit all the food groups, etc. We are all not in college or in our 20s any more.

You can have time with the proper management.....it just boils down to whether you want to or not. I know 3 or 4 guys who run their own business, put in 10-12 hr days, sometimes 7 days a week, yet still cook all their meals and get to the gym. It's hard, but not impossible.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. How old are you?
2. Ask your pro card friends what their diets are like in the offseason. You'd be surprised.
smile.gif

In celebration of this thread and that I'm running a marathon next weekend, I'm eating all the greasy "unhealthy" food I can get my hands on this week.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
In celebration of this thread and that I'm running a marathon next weekend,

Good luck dood. Srsly. Post your progress in one of the running threads afterward and let us know how it went.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, will do.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
1. How old are you?
2. Ask your pro card friends what their diets are like in the offseason. You'd be surprised.
smile.gif

In celebration of this thread and that I'm running a marathon next weekend, I'm eating all the greasy "unhealthy" food I can get my hands on this week.

Offseason diets? **** ton of chicken and brown rice paired with EFA's. Simple and plain.

It' so funny how people ASSUME what pro bodybuilders diets and workouts consist of. When in actuality they haven't a clue.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080

ALSO, absolute BULLSHIT for the 158g of protein. I know 250lb genetic freaks with their pro cards....they would drop muscle like crazy taking in 158g of protein. That's ridiculous.

Wait, this statement proves the exact opposite of the point that you are trying to make. Yeah, obviously guys who are 250 lbs at a low bodyfat % need to eat a lot more protein to maintain muscle. A guy who is, say an average 180 lber who is trying to maintain or lose weight needs a lot less protein than a 250 lb bodybuilder and the 180 lber will probably do just fine as far as maintaining muscle with 158 grams of protein per day.

Anyone who thinks that a guy who is 180 lbs, at say 12% bodyfat (which is an average healthy guy) is going to all of a sudden start losing muscle because he is only taking in 158 grams of protein obviously knows nothing about this topic.

And if you want to make the example even better, throw in another protein shake for my hypothetical guy eating 2 double cheeseburgers per day, that takes him up to 1910 calories for the day (still below maintenance for someone who is, say, 180 lbs), 73 grams of fat, and 182 grams of protein. That's more than 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, still under maintenace for calories, and eating 2 double cheeseburgers every single day.

The point of this exercise is that to just simply say that anyone who eats 2 double cheeseburgers per day must be per se unhealthy or fat is just stupid without knowing more about the rest of their diet and their activity level. That is undisputable.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Wait, this statement proves the exact opposite of the point that you are trying to make. Yeah, obviously guys who are 250 lbs at a low bodyfat % need to eat a lot more protein to maintain muscle. A guy who is, say an average 180 lber who is trying to maintain or lose weight needs a lot less protein than a 250 lb bodybuilder and the 180 lber will probably do just fine as far as maintaining muscle with 158 grams of protein per day.

Anyone who thinks that a guy who is 180 lbs, at say 12% bodyfat (which is an average healthy guy) is going to all of a sudden start losing muscle because he is only taking in 158 grams of protein obviously knows nothing about this topic.

And if you want to make the example even better, throw in another protein shake for my hypothetical guy eating 2 double cheeseburgers per day, that takes him up to 1910 calories for the day (still below maintenance for someone who is, say, 180 lbs), 73 grams of fat, and 182 grams of protein. That's more than 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, still under maintenace for calories, and eating 2 double cheeseburgers every single day.

The point of this exercise is that to just simply say that anyone who eats 2 double cheeseburgers per day must be per se unhealthy or fat is just stupid without knowing more about the rest of their diet and their activity level. That is undisputable.

Your entire logic is flawed, I'm tired of arguing my points. Your thinking too simplistic, there's so many other factors than just calories in and calories out to being healthy.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your entire logic is flawed, I'm tired of arguing my points. Your thinking too simplistic, there's so many other factors than just calories in and calories out to being healthy.

Yes, I accounted for those other factors. My scenario presents a generally low daily fat intake, and a relatively high daily protein intake. But feel free to explain to me how my "entire logic is flawed" and how I'm being too simplistic.

Am I being more simplistic than someone who says anyone who eats double cheeseburgers must be a fat, unhealthy, out of shape pig as you've intimated throughout this entire thread?

And in case you've forgotten, let me remind you of the assumption you made about all of us in this thread just based on the fact that we eat fast food from time to time without knowing anything more about us other than the fact that we eat fast food:

Douchetastic? Hahah oh man, that one hurt. I'll tell you why I'm posting. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you ******* pigs everywhere I go. People like you make me sick at my stomach to see that you care THAT little about your wellbeing to let yourself get to where you are. A complete waste of good air and energy.

So keep indulging in that food that makes you ohh so happy. Just keep in mind that anybody who has a decent knowledge about nutrition is finding you to be repulsive. Don't even want to think about what women think about you.

You just remain a slob and I'll do my own thing...not to mention much more efficient and won't be out of breath in the process.
laugh.gif

/rant

Why don't you just admit when you're wrong instead of continuing to make yourself look stupider and stupider?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I accounted for those other factors. My scenario presents a generally low daily fat intake, and a relatively high daily protein intake. But feel free to explain to me how my "entire logic is flawed" and how I'm being too simplistic.

Am I being more simplistic than someone who says anyone who eats double cheeseburgers must be a fat, unhealthy, out of shape pig as you've intimated throughout this entire thread?

And in case you've forgotten, let me remind you of the assumption you made about all of us in this thread just based on the fact that we eat fast food from time to time without knowing anything more about us other than the fact that we eat fast food:

Why don't you just admit when you're wrong instead of continuing to make yourself look stupider and stupider?

You are the one making yourself look stupid defending your unhealthy eating habits. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your 'points' are just wrong. It's obvious you have NO real world experience with actual diet and fitness. You're a waste of time.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are the one making yourself look stupid defending your unhealthy eating habits. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your 'points' are just wrong. It's obvious you have NO real world experience with actual diet and fitness. You're a waste of time.

Dude,

I'm just an innocent bystander and I am not involved in this crossfire, but you really are being a self-righteous dick in this thread. Just to let you know, doesn't mean that you're a bad guy, but maybe chill out a bit?

F.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, when logic, argument, and science fail you, you just resort to the "well, well, you're just a big poo poo head" form of argument? Nice one bro.
fing02[1].gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, when logic, argument, and science fail you, you just resort to the "well, well, you're just a big poo poo head" form of argument? Nice one bro.
fing02[1].gif

You have no logic, argument or science to back up your points. You're simplyfing complex procedures our bodies go through when food is consumed. It's quite silly, think what you want. As I said though, it's quite obvious you know nothing about this, you just google a few things and believe you know something about nutrition
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Flambeur
Dude,

I'm just an innocent bystander and I am not involved in this crossfire, but you really are being a self-righteous dick in this thread. Just to let you know, doesn't mean that you're a bad guy, but maybe chill out a bit?

F.

I'm chilled, and I'm not being self-righteous. I believe I'm right for the most part. So would anyone who cares the slightest bit about good health.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads